Dying to Dance

I was still super exhausted from the showcase, no matter how many days it's been. I was in no mood to return to dance.

"I don't want to go. I'm tired," I argued, sitting at the counter with Kenzie.

"You can sleep in the car. We have to go to dance," Mommy insisted.

"Why can't we miss one day?" Kenzie asked, crossing her arms.

"Because you'll fall behind, and you don't have a good reason to skip," Mommy told us. "Maddie is the only dedicated one here."

"I'm gonna fall asleep," I spoke.

"Why are you so tired? It's been days. You went to school. What's the matter with you?" Mommy questioned.

"I'm sick of dance," I stated.

"Me too. I want a break," Kenzie added.

"No, you girls can't have a break. Get in the car or I'm taking away your iPads," Mommy threatened, but we didn't move. "For 3 months."

"Do it, I don't care," Kenzie said. I nodded. Mommy sighed in defeat.

"If I buy you both new stuffed animals on the way home will you go?" Mommy bribed, and we agreed. "Good. Now go get your dance bags and go in the car."

"No Justin Bieber," I said, grabbing my dance bag.

"Yes Justin Bieber," Kenzie stated as we left the house.

"No. We should watch Peppa Pig," I insisted.

"What? Gross, I'm not listening to Peppa Pig," Maddie insisted. We threw our bags in the trunk and hopped in the car. I tried to buckle myself into my car seat, but it wasn't working.

"Mommy!" I yelled, waiting for her to come to my rescue. She was locking up the house. "Help me!"

"Max, you can't scream that! People will think you actually need help," Mommy told me, running over. She fastened the buckles.

"Play Peppa Pig please," I politely said.

"Nuh-uh! Justin Bieber!" Kenzie exclaimed.

"Oh, I don't think so. You gave me a hard time about going to dance, so Maddie is in charge of the music," Mommy explained, and Maddie went 'yes!'

"What about me?" I asked.

"Maddie is in charge, and that's final," Mommy stated, and I pouted.

She played Justin Bieber the whole time, and I just wanted some chocolate.

-

I've never left a car so fast in my life. As soon as Mommy undid those stupid buckles, I grabbed my dance bag and ran inside.

I put my stuff in the den where everyone else was waiting for pyramid. Maddie and Kenzie came in shortly after.

"How do you run so fast?" Maddie asked, completely out of breath.

"I got small legs," I shrugged. "Too much Justin Bieber is bad."

Everyone laughed as Miss Abby called us in for pyramid.

"I want to talk about this upcoming weekend. It's regionals. Everybody knows how important that is," Miss Abby started, turning the chalkboard around.

𝙈𝙖𝙙𝙙𝙞𝙚

𝘾𝙝𝙡𝙤𝙚 𝙋𝙖𝙞𝙜𝙚

𝘽𝙧𝙤𝙤𝙠𝙚 𝙉𝙞𝙖 𝙈𝙖𝙭 𝙑𝙞𝙫𝙞-𝘼𝙣𝙣𝙚 𝙈𝙖𝙘𝙠𝙚𝙣𝙯𝙞𝙚