Twyla and Stiorra meeting him: Sigtryggr

Start from the beginning

~~~~~~
Sigtryggr grinned and watched as Stiorra grew frustrated! Meanwhile: Uhtred, Sihtric, Finan and Osferth reached Winchester! Now they only needed a way to get in...but that was a bit difficult! From time to time the gates opened and carts of bodies were brought to a kind of mass grave! Uhtred looked at Finan, who just shrugged his shoulders and directed his gaze back to the gates! Suddenly they heard horses approach and within seconds, Edward and his men attacked Winchester and the Danes! Sihtric and Osferth just shook their heads, whilst Uhtred's and Finan's faces dropped...how could he be so reckless? Meanwhile: Brida and Hæsten looked for Sigtryggr to tell him, that Edward attacked! When they found him, he was currently talking to Twyla, whilst Stiorra sat on a chair and read a book! Brida immediately shot both of the girls a disgusted look, which led Sigtryggr to raise an eyebrow...
~~~~~~

Brida:"Edward attacked Winchester and it looks like he doesn't want to negotiate!...(*Sigtryggr sighed*)...what are we supposed to do now? I'm tired of listening to the prisoners moaning in the next room..."
Sigtryggr:(*he lowered his head*)"Let him continue to attack! At some point he will get tired of it and want to negotiate!...(*Brida sighed*)...Brida, I promised you that you could kill the Dane-slayer and so it shall be! And if what everyone says is true, he won't be far away and you'll finally get what you want!"
Hæsten:"We cannot conquer as long as he lives, Lord!...(*Brida nodded*)...and if he teams up with Edward, it's over before it even begins..."
Sigtryggr:(*he tilted his head*)"We may have to fire up Edward's negotiating lust a little!...(*Brida raised an eyebrow*)...bring me one of the hostages from the room next door!"

~~~~~~
Hæsten and Brida nodded, before they disappeared! Twyla and Stiorra looked at each other with eyes wide open...they wouldn't dare to kill Uhtred! Fear rose inside Stiorra and she instantly stood up, stormed out of the room and walked towards the garden! Twyla wanted to follow her, but Sigtryggr grabbed her right wrist, what forced her to stop in her tracks and turn around! She shot him a questioning look, but he only smiled at her and brushed her hair back behind her ear! Immediately butterflies bulged up in her stomach and she felt her cheeks turn red! Sigtryggr continued to smile at her and dragged her back to the chair, she was sitting at moments ago! He then leaned against the table, wrapped his arms around her waist and watched her slowly relax into his touch...
~~~~~~

Sigtryggr:"I'm sure your friend is fine, don't worry!...(*Twyla sighed*)...don't give your beautiful face worry lines, sweetheart!"
Twyla:(*she lowered her head*)"I really should go to Stiorra, Sigtryggr!...(*Sigtryggr sighed*)...I'm her best friend...if I don't go check on her, who will?"
Sigtryggr:"One of my men, maybe?...(*Twyla shook her head*)...I want to spend time with you, Twyla! I can't let you go now..."
Twyla:(*her eyes widened*)"But I'm your hostage and besides, we haven't known each other for long!...(*Sigtryggr tilted his head*)...Sigtryggr, this will never work between us...not as long as you hold innocent children hostage!"
Sigtryggr:"Will you promise to spend time with me if I promise to let the children go?...(*Twyla nodded*)...I'm really starting to like you, Twyla!"

~~~~~~
Twyla slightly smiled, then Sigtryggr let go off her! Before she turned around to go find Stiorra, she took another brief look at Sigtryggr...he was so damn gorgeous! His blue eyes looked like the ocean and Twyla almost got lost in them! Sigtryggr noticed, that she was in some kind of trance, and so he used the moment to kiss her! Twyla's eyes widened when she felt his lips on hers, but she didn't push him away! She deepened the kiss and wrapped her arms around his neck...they both smiled into the kiss and when they broke away from each other, Sigtryggr caressed both of Twyla's cheeks with both of his thumbs! She was the most beautiful woman he has ever seen, and he was determined to do anything, to keep her with him!
~~~~~~

Twyla:"We've just got ourselves into some pretty big trouble, you know that, don't you?...(*Sigtryggr nodded*)...what will you do now? Uhtred and his men will help Edward take back Winchester, and against Uhtred's battle knowledge your men stand no chance, Sigtryggr!"
Sigtryggr:(*he sighed*)"I know we have no chance against Uhtred and his men, Twyla!...(*he lowered his head*)...but we have Uhtred's daughter, he will not risk her life!"
Twyla:"How do you know that Stiorra is Uhtred's daughter?!...(*Sigtryggr laughed*)...no one told you, not even Brida or Hæsten! What else do you know?!"
Sigtryggr:(*he thought briefly*)"That you are beautiful, smart, funny and a bit hasty!...(*Twyla blushed*)...I will not hurt Stiorra, I promise! Uhtred will get his daughter back in good health and then hopefully leave us alone!"
Twyla:"Why did you say 'us'?...(*she tilted her head*)...Sigtryggr, what are you up to?! Are you going to keep me here until I die?!"
Sigtryggr:(*he shook his head*)"First of all, I will use Edward's sons to get him to negotiate, then I will give him back his sons and hope that he will then be wise enough not to torch Winchester!...(*Twyla sighed*)...and if Uhtred and his men then decide to attack Winchester in spite of everything, well...then I will be forced to strike back and make a decision that will change our lives forever!"

~~~~~~
Twyla's eyes widened, but before she could say anything, the doors opened and Brida brought in Edward's sons! Æthelstan shot Twyla an heartbreaking look and she couldn't help but cry about his terrified face! Brida tilted her head and looked Twyla up and down...then Brida's eyes widened and she realised, to whom Twyla was related! Sigtryggr shot Brida a questioning look, and only when Brida whispered the information into Sigtryggr's ear, did Sigtryggr look at Twyla and grin! Twyla wasn't quite sure, whether to find Sigtryggr's grin creepy or attractive! Moments later, Brida left the room and returned to her post on the ramparts! Meanwhile: Edward waited for something to happen, Uhtred and Sihtric grew impatient and Finan just looked at Osferth, who was leaning against his horse! Young Uhtred looked for his father and when he found him, he told him and Edward, that Æthelflæd had recaptured Eoferwic and was currently on her way to Winchester! Edward's eyes widened and he instantly turned his head to Uhtred, who was sitting next to Sihtric and was currently playing with his dagger...
~~~~~~