father?

~~~~~~Finan still looked at Osferth, who now sat down besides Uhtred and looked at young Uhtred! It took Edward a while to realise, which great success his sister achieved! Deep down Uhtred was proud of Æthelflæd, but his thoughts were with Stiorr...

~~~~~~
Finan still looked at Osferth, who now sat down besides Uhtred and looked at young Uhtred! It took Edward a while to realise, which great success his sister achieved! Deep down Uhtred was proud of Æthelflæd, but his thoughts were with Stiorra and her well-being! Sihtric just thought about the lectures, Sigdeflaed would give him, when he would return home without Twyla! Sigdeflaed was against the idea, that Twyla travelled with the boys, but she couldn't deny her daughter any wish, so she didn't even said anything and just gave in and agreed! At some point young Uhtred addressed his father and somehow got his attention...
~~~~~~

young Uhtred:"Is there any news from Stiorra or Twyla?...(*Uhtred shook his head*)...do you think Sigtryggr knows by now that Stiorra's your daughter?"
Finan:(*he shrugged his shoulders*)"I could bet you that Brida or Hæsten told him!...(*young Uhtred looked at him*)...yet I think he won't hurt Stiorra and Twyla!"
Osferth:"Just as Brida or Hæsten told Sigtryggr that Twyla is Sihtric's daughter?...(*Finan looked at Osferth*)...and why exactly do you think he won't hurt them?"
Sihtric:(*his gaze darkened*)"Because otherwise I'll make sure he never reaches Valhalla, let alone sees it!...(*Osferth swallowed*)...if he so much as touches my little one, I'll make sure his death is slow and agonising!"
Uhtred:"Knowing Brida, she couldn't keep her mouth shut and the devil in there now knows who Twyla and Stiorra belong to!...(*he sighed*)...we need a plan!"

~~~~~~
Right before Edward could say his first word in this conversation, Aldhelm informed the group, about movements inside Winchester! Meanwhile: Sigtryggr took Edward's sons by their hands, kissed Twyla's forehead and then left King Alfred's library! Twyla was a bit perplexed about the kiss, but slightly smiled anyway! Moments later she also left King Alfred's library and went to look for Stiorra! She was sat in the garden, crying and thinking about her father and that she might never see him again! When Twyla sat down besides Stiorra, she slightly flinched but laid her head on Twyla's lap moments later! Meanwhile: Sigtryggr reached the ramparts and called out for Edward! Edward lifted his head, stood up and slowly walked towards Winchester's walls...
~~~~~~

Edward:"Uhtred, look!...(*Uhtred lifted his head*)...Sigtryggr, what are you doing with my sons?!"
Sigtryggr:(*he grinned*)"Try to get you to negotiate!...(*Edward clenched his fists*)...so can we negotiate now or do you still want to burn down Winchester?"
Edward:"Before I do anything, you let my sons go!...(*Sigtryggr tilted his head*)...come down and let my sons go!"
Sigtryggr:(*he sighed*)"I'll come down, but only on the condition that none of your men kill me!...(*Edward nodded*)...good, because otherwise every one of my men would have orders to kill the hostages...including Stiorra and my beautiful Twyla!"
Sihtric:"Lord King, please do not do anything rash now! My daughter's life depends on it!...(*Edward turned his head*)...I want my little one back alive..."

~~~~~~
Edward lowered his head and told his men to stand down their weapons! They did and after a while the gates opened and Sigtryggr appeared with Edward's two sons! Æthelstan and Ælfweard weren't afraid...they just wanted to hug their father! Edward sighed and turned his head once again, looking at Uhtred and Sihtric...he now would say something, for which the two of them will kill him! Sigtryggr sensed, that Edward wanted to say something, so he grinned and tilted his head...
~~~~~~