Experiment

I woke up to a bright light and squinted my eyes groaning. I looked around and sighed... infirmary again.

I sat up wincing in pain then noticed Kachan asleep, using my leg as a pillow. I smiled and played with his hair.

"I failed..."

"Yes, you did." I jumped and saw Toshinori-san now standing in the doorway glaring at me.

"Sir I-"

"I don't want your petty excuses. You haven't managed to change your rank in months. Failure after failure... I'm starting to wonder if that second set of wings you have is real."

"I'm sorry."

"Sorry doesn't get me results young man. Once you're healed we'll try a new method. It'll unlock your full potential and you'll finally be able to make your mother proud... besides you don't want to keep worrying him do you?" He said motioning to Kachan. "He would die for you, you know?"

I tensed at his words and looked down in shame.

"So make sure you're worth that kind of sacrifice."

"Yes sir."

He left the room and I hunched forward covering my face with my hands as I started crying. Can he not see I'm trying? I've been pushing myself, I have but nothing works. I can't get any better. Nothing changes.

Maybe Toshinori-san is right and once I've unlocked my full potential I'll actually make improvements again. Will I become worthy of Kachan's love again then?

Kachan stirred in his sleep and slowly opened his eyes. He looked at me and then jumped up hugging me.

"You stupid fucking idiot!" He shouted holding me tightly. "Why the fuck would you agree to go through that?! You aren't ready for that kind of battle!" He lectured. I felt something wet on my neck and held him back.

"I'm sorry Kachan Toshinori-san said I should be ready by now for the rank exam... I thought... I could do it... this time."

"This time? The fuck do you mean THIS TIME?! You've done the exam before?!"

"Three days ago..."

"He expected you to make improvement in three days?! If you fail an exam he should at least give you a month to recover and evaluate?! You may be able to heal yourself but even you have limits Izuku."

"I'm sorry Kachan... I won't do it again."

"Know your limits nerd." He sighed finally letting me go enough for us to look at each other. "I won't lose you. So look after yourself." He said kissing me.

"I won't let you down." I smiled.

"You need to rest. I'll go get you something to eat. You just lay back down."

"Thank you Kachan." I smiled as he left the room.

I don't know what Toshinori-san sees in me. He seems to think I can increase my power so much faster than I really can... is it because his wings where ripped off... is that why he's so harsh on me? So I won't know that kind of pain? Is he just preparing me for the reality of battle... or is it something else.

---

After a few days I was discharged from the infirmary and allowed a couple days of rest. But as I was about to enter Kachan's school to see him on his lunch someone grabbed me and covered my mouth restricting my wings and dragging me to the science building. They threw me into a room and the door shut. I turned around and banged on the door.

"Help!" I shouted looking around the white room. A lone bed in the corner.

"I'm sorry we have to do this to you Izuku but the demons army is getting stronger so we need to turn to drastic measures to get these results." It was Toshinori-sans voice.

"Sir what's going on?!" I shouted trying to see where his voice was coming from and seeing a camera in the corner of the room. I jogged over to it.

"We need result young man." As he said that a gas entered the room and I fell to the floor still awake but unable to move. "Don't worry it won't make you pass out only incapacitate you... sadly it won't numb the pain though."

"Pain? What are you talking about?!" 

The door opened and three people walked in. one holding me down, another extending my wing and the last one had a saw. 

"Please... don't do this!" I shouted.

"You'll heal." Was all he said before they began sawing my wings off.

I screamed in agony as I felt the saw rip through my skin and grate against my wing joint. I screamed louder and louder until they ripped it off moving to the next wing and then my smaller wings taking them all away and leaving me bloody and broken on the floor.

the lights turned off and I was left in darkness the pain slowly taking over and I passed out. 

I don't know how long they wait between coming in and I don't know how long I've been trapped in this room but every time that door opens I know only pain awaits me. Removing nails, teeth, fingers toes even limbs. But they all grow back. My back was still wingless as they'd take a lot longer to heal and regenerate... if they do at all. But they'd repeat the process. bursting my ear drums, stabbing my eyes or scooping them out. They said my body parts would help make holy weapons able to kill any demon... I don't want to be somebody's tool... I never wanted this. Curse those stupid wings and the fucking corrupt higher management... they can all die for all I care... They deserve to burn, be ripped apart, eaten alive... feel just an ounce of my pain...