𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎

[A/N: Hey, Guys! This is an AU i just came up with one day while watching gameplay streams and stuff like that. Also this takes place during the events of Street Fighter 6, So this'll definitely be interesting. I also changed up some things here and there for the characters, But no big details, though! Anyways, hope you all enjoy! :D]
————————————————————————————————————
{The Prologue}
————————————————————————————————————
(Luke's POV)
I groaned softly as i barely woke up, Raising my arms to stretch out as i yawned, Getting up from my bed and going over to the bathroom to take a quick shower.
Once i was done with all that, I went over to the closet and decided to change into the usual— My white tee, Sleeveless blue hoodie, And black joggers. I quickly finished by putting on my signature gloves.
"Heh..Lookin' good, Bud." I said to myself in the mirror as i winked at my reflection, Giving myself a cocky smirk as i turned around, Leaving the room and making my way down the stairs, Before heading over to the front door, Putting on my shoes and leaving the house, Walking out of the neighborhood and going on to the sidewalk, Taking a quick right turn as i started walking towards the Metro City Training Center.
Until, Suddenly— As i heard frantic footstepts from behind me as if someone was running, I was roughly pushed aside by a guy in a brown trenchcoat that was hooded, Making me fall flat on my back with a loud thud, Causing a groan to escape from my throat.
"Agh..H-hey, What the hell man?!" I yelled out at him, Immediately sitting upright after the impact as i glared at the guy.
He looked back at me as he stopped in his tracks, Immediately recgonizing his face as soon as i saw his blue, Glassy eyes...They were Ken Masters' eyes! His expression was quite shocked, Almost apologetic, To be honest.
"..K-ken?!" I uttered out his name in shock, My mouth agape as he immediately shook his head, Running away from me yet again and continuing his pace as if he was being chased by someone or whatever.
I got up real quick, Going after him with no hesitation and following suit.
"W-wait, Ken!!" I called out to him, Trying my best to keep up with him while running, Until we both cut corners and took another sharp left afterwards into an alleyway.
"Huff..Huff..." Ken panted heavily as he leaned against the brick wall behind him, Holding his hand against his chest as i approached him, Slowly walking up to him with caution.
"Dude?" I said quietly, Placing my hand on his shoulder as he flinched from my touch, Jumping slightly before turning to look at me.
"..What the hell are you doing here..? Why'd you follow me?" He said in a soft, but stern voice, Furrowing his eyebrows as he asked, Giving me a somewhat worried look despite seeming irritated overall.
"You know why i followed you, Ken." I told him, Huffing out a sigh as i crossed my arms. "The last time we ever actually saw eachother was 7 years ago in our 2nd finals match back at that tournament..Y'know..That 5th Street Fighter Tournament. And i'm not counting from 3 months ago back at nayshall when you...Roped me in. You just suddenly disappeared without saying anything to anyone..And then that whole terrorist thing that happened at Nayshall..Well..That wasn't really your fault..Was it..? Anyways, What the hell're you getting yourself into now? Why were you in such a rush earlier? Where have you been all this time?!—"

"Stop." He cut me off, Raising his palm up to me as he shut his eyes closed for a second before opening them back up again.
"..You should've just kept going where you were going earlier, Luke. None of this should even matter to you. These are my problems now, Not yours." He muttered under his breath, Glancing over at me as he looked down at the ground.
"..W-what the hell are you saying?! I've already made up with our fight we had a few months ago, And this is what you pay me back with?! Plus— I've already tried to clear your name multiple times because i believed you..But then..All the evidence they had on you..It was all so perfect..So..Convincing..As much as i hated to admit it, Ken..I..I thought you really were the criminal there. But now..Now that i see you..I know that you aren't capable of doing something like that. You wouldn't hurt someone unless they hurt you first, Man..." I spoke back at him, A hint of desperation lacing my tone as i continued on, Tilting my head slightly at him as i gave him a small frown.