Chapter 8: Departure

Start from the beginning

As a child, there was a limit of what he could do...and his physical restraint were one of those limits.

Dawn : I should force on my wrist right now...

Sighing, he decided to let go of today's training and just went back to bed, by tomorrow he should be fine going out again.

Though, he doubts he will be allowed outside the mansion...this didn't mean he couldn't train though.

The next day, Dawn got up early in the morning and went toward the back of the mansion where a few maids were doing the laundry.

Dawn Pov

The fight two days ago had left more trauma on my mind than I thought...but it also helped me think and question myself.

I guess inside, I was never truly ready to take another life...another human life.

I thought I would be able to support it but the moment I finally did it, I felt miserable and disgusted.

This has no change, I can't live and survive here without removing this fear of killing.

That's why, I decided to correct this now...killing will be the foundation of all my future actions.

Waiting further would just lead me to more moments of hesitation and traumatism.

Dawn : I would like you to teach me assassin art.

Interrupting one of the maids who was working, the brown haired servant froze on the spot before turning to me.

Felpheona, a maid that for as long as I remember worked under mother...since I grew stronger I now can feel and see things I couldn't before.

Felpheona is strong...if she was the one taking care of the slave trader 2 days ago, they wouldn't have lived past 3 minutes after the start.

I haven't seen the royal knight, but this maid in front of me is at least at their level.

Felpheona : Excuse me young lord ?

She was trying to deny the reality, the reality that I, a 7 years old kid, managed to see through her disguise.

Dawn : Don't act like a fool, I already know you are one of those assassin maids, right.

I had learned about this term only a few weeks ago when Sola mentioned it...the assassin maid is a unit serving the king directly.

They are overtrained individuals who excel in assassin art, the way to kill swiftly...in a direct fight they aren't as efficient as the knight, in a distant fight they can't match the mage.

But if given a killing mission or protection mission, they are the best.

Felpheona : I see...it seems I had underestimated the blood of the Arceid, I guess the young lord is one of those geniuses, huh.

You're wrong, I only ever had suspicion since your magicule count was bigger than the other...it was only because of Sola and the intels she gave me that I'm now standing in front of you.

But that's not something you need to know.

Felpheona : Why would the young lord want to learn this ?

Her tone was passive aggressive, if my answer doesn't satisfy her she might consider eliminating me.

Dawn : I...in the noble world killing is normal, I want to prepare myself for that.

Felpheona : How wise...what would lady Lara think of that ?

She is trying to dissuade me now...at least it doesn't seem she is going to jump at me for now.

Dawn : Mother doesn't need to know, I'm doing this for myself not her.