chapter 17

TW: homophobia

Kyle's pov

"Wait, what do you mean 'finally'?" I asked.

"You honestly didn't hide it very well son," My dad said, "He's always over here, a lot more than your other friends."

"Well..you're okay with it?" I asked.

"Of course Kyle, why wouldn't we be?" My mom asked.

  "I don't know..." I said, "but I'm glad you're okay with it."

-

I went to go pick Kenny up from work, and it hurt me to see that he was still limping a little. I hope my news might make him feel a little better.

"Hey baby." I smiled.

  "Hey hon." Kenny gave me a small smile, and a kiss getting in my car.

  "How was work?" I asked him.

  "It was alright I guess," he started, "I just told my boss that I got into motorcycle accident, and she tried to send me home, but I insisted that I could work."

  I really wish Kenny told me that and I could've taken him back to my house to rest, but I know he needs to make money for his piece of shit dad.

  "Well, I hope this makes you feel better, I told my parents about us earlier." I told Kenny.

"What'd they say?" He asked.

"They're totally okay with it." I smiled, making Kenny do the same.

  "That's great!" Kenny said, "I just wish my parents would be accepting."

"I know," I sighed, "I'm sorry your parents wouldn't be, that's why I'm completely okay with you not telling them."

  "I wish I could," he began, "but I know they wouldn't like it."

Kenny's pov

  Saying my parents wouldn't like Kyle and I being together is an understatement. My dad would probably kill me.

  Kyle took me home, and as always, we shared a goodbye kiss, and I went inside.

  Thankfully, my dad was passed out on the couch, so I just snuck to my room.

Maybe I shouldn't have gotten so upset with Kyle. I feel bad about it and I'm just so glad everything went okay.

-

  Kyle and I have been together for nearly two months now. We actually got to sleep together more regularly as my injuries healed. Things were going so great for once! At least...it was.

  I got home from work Thursday night, and my dad was up waiting for me.

  "What the fuck are you doing here?" He slurred.

  "What uh...what do you mean?" I asked nervously.

"I don't allow fags in my house!"