85

Tommy walked into his office, looking at Polly who sat alone. "Arthur asked whose side i was on," she said. Tommy sat. "There will be a war, and one of you will die, but which one i cannot tell" she said.

He hummed. "He's gonna do it anyway"

"Yeah."

"You should know if Aberama takes his side, i will kill him." Tommy said. "And what about me" she asked. "I'll do what i have to do Pol,"

"Kill, and kill.." she said. "The only way to make people listen" he whispered. She grabbed an envelope,  placing it down. "Soon you will have a stage to stand on, millions of people will listen to you and you will run the country like you run this family"

"It appears to be what people want."

"But not me, not anymore, my resignation" she said. "You've destroyed my daughter, Thomas" she said before walking out.

-

"Look i have to go, yeah, i have to go" Finn said, patting Billy on the back. "Go where?" he asked. "They're shooting the fascist tonight" he said.

"They're gonna do what?"

Finn shushed him.

"Mosleys in town" Billy said. "Really?" Finn said sarcastically. "Look, go into town, get some drinks and some girl." he placed a roll of cash in front of him. "Listen to the radio"

Finn left and Billy glanced at the phone, hesitating before grabbing it.

-

"Okay, i'm off," Lottie said, holding her purse and walking to where Isiah sat with the two children.

He leaned forward, kissing her cheek and sending her a slightly smile. "I'll be home later tonight and we can watch a movie or something, yeah? The new projector that Tom got us should be good."

Aurora smiled widely, hugging Lottie's side.

"Right, you two. Be good for your dad, i'll see you later tonight." She planted a kiss on the two kids forehead and walked away from the house.

-

"Here, look, a little" Arthur whispered, giving Barney some cocaine. "Here i'll join ya"

"You know what you're doing don't ya?" He asked. "Yeah, Tommy checks his pocket watch, i count to ten, then i blow the other blokes head off"

"Yeah" he nodded. "That's for after" he placed a vile in his pocket. "Thank you Arthur"

"Oh and Soldier, you're meant to..you run like fuck, don't stop."

"Run like fuck" Barney repeated.

-

Music began playing and lights were bright. Barney stood, his eye on the stage, gun in hand.

Aberama, Lottie and Arthur stood in different part of the wings, watching.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Mr Oswald Mosley"

The crowd chanted as he walked to the stage. A weird feeling filled Lottie as she watched the speech begin. Something felt wrong, she just couldn't figure out what.

Tommy joined him on the stage.

"Come on Barney" she whispered.