10

"So it was a bomb" Isaiah questioned, holding Lottie close as they sat with Reggie and Danny.

"A hand grenade" she corrected. "Fucking lees had done us over"

"Is Finn okay?" Danny asked. She nodded. "Tom got rid of it quick enough before it did anything to us"

They nodded along, passing her a cigarette.

"Fucking family is a joke, i'm telling ya" she shook her head. "Well you're okay" Reggie nodded. "So give up this mood your in and have some fun" he nodded, handing her a bottle of whiskey.

She laughed, wincing as the whiskey burned her throat.

"Are youse fucking or something" Danny asked, nodding toward the position of Lottie and Isaiah and how close they were.

"Her brothers would kill me" Isiah told them.

"John wants to marry Lizzie Stark" she told them, they all burst into laughed. Lottie smacked Isaiah on the chest.

"She's a whore though" Reggie snickered. "So? I like her, think she's lovely"

"Yeah a lot of the men here think that too" Danny added. "Oh shut up will you, John needs someone for the kids" she stuck up for her brother.

"I bet if it was Tommy or Arthur wanting to do this you wouldn't stick up for them" Reggie said. She nodded. "I know"

"Johns my favourite"

She was right, John was her favourite brother. She knew she shouldn't have favourites but she did and couldn't help that, he was there more than the others and he didn't treat her like she was just there. He listened.

"Anyway, i have to go, Tommy says we've got a big day tomorrow" The girl said, standing up and wiping her hands.

"When's the next time you'll see us" Isaiah shouted after her.

"Ill see you tomorrow, after whatever tom was talking about" she grinned, walking backwards. "But the rest of youse? dunno when i'll see ye"

A soft smile sat on Isaiah's face as he looked down.

Danny grabbed his shoulder, shaking it. "Getting yourself in with a Shelby girl" he teased.

-

"Lottie May Shelby are you ready?" Tommy asked, leaning on the door frame. "Yes Tom, i am" she ran her hands over the clothes she was wearing.

"What is it we're doing Tom?"

"Finishing it with the Lee's once and for all" he nodded, folding his arms. "And you're letting me come with" She raised her eyebrows.

"Well you need to do it someday kid" he said. "Come on, vans waiting"

They stepped outside and walked toward the van, "help me up" she told her older brother who lifted her into the back of the van.

"Right, won't take long till we're there" Tommy nodded.

-

"Out you get boys" Arthur instructed, walking beside Tommy. John got out first, lifting Lottie out after and placing her on the floor.

"Ready boys?" Tom asked. "John, ready?"

"Yeah, i'm fine" he sniffed, fixing his hat. "Have a drink" Arthur offered him a flask.