Chapter 1

LIKE FLYING

Jack said he wouldn't interfere.

So, when Dean became impaled on the rebar, he knew he would die.

He said goodbye to Sam and closed his eyes one last time, the cries from Sam begging him not to go fading into nothingness.

Conscious again he was surprised. Not because he was still alive but because God, aka Jack had interfered, at least he thought it was Jack.

They were whispered questions from Dean who was afraid if he spoke any louder the powers that be would realize their error and come back to correct the mistake.

***

Jack had pulled Amara from his being. And together they fixed Heaven.

Jack made more Angels to maintain Heaven. When he absorbed Chuck, he also absorbed Chuck's knowledge. He made minor changes though. Angels could think now not just take orders. They could feel now. Jack had given them choice in how they worked in Heaven, and it seemed to make them happy. They were not allowed to leave heaven though. Jack had said 'No Interference'.

When he decided to leave Amara in charge of Heaven to fix all that Chuck destroyed, he knew he made the right choice.

"Amara I am going to go now so, please take care of Heaven. I am leaving it in your care". Jack smiled.

"And watch over Earth and remember I said 'I' couldn't interfere with anything." Again, Jack smiled.

Amara just looked at him quizzically. She understood that Jack would not interfere and nodded her understanding.

Jack only hoped she REALLY understood and then was gone.

***

Amara was walking through Heaven when Jack's words came back to her.

'HE' couldn't interfere, not 'THEY' couldn't interfere.

She smiled...A Loophole.

Somewhere Jack smiled.

***

When Amara popped herself into the Empty, she had two plans.

1) Get Castiel out.

2) Get an Archangel out.

Castiel would be the harder one to get out. The Entity would not let Castiel go easily so she would try for the Archangel first. She had decided on Gabriel.

She just stood in the blackness of the Empty.

She didn't have to wait long.

It oozed up in front of her. It took on Chucks appearance.

"What do you want". It questioned.

"I need an Archangel to help keep Heaven up and running smoothly and an angel or two". She said as humbly as she could and waited.

Nothing.

And she waited.

"I need the help of older angels to teach the newer ones." She spoke.

Nothing

Finally in a last-ditch effort she said.

"I need the help keeping the souls where they belong. You know as well as I do that the Angels and souls power Heaven and without them Heaven falls. And so will the Empty"

She lied but it didn't have to know that.

And she waited. But not so long this time.

"I will give you one Archangel and two Angels, and I have the last word on whether or not I let you have them." It sneered at her.