Meeting the Parents

9:00AM

My eyes fluttered open due to the bright sun piercing through the window. I rubbed my eyes and looked over to my left where Ivan was sleeping. He looked so adorable. He had the covers pulled up over his face.

I grabbed my phone to take a picture of him,  but when I turned back to him, I saw that his eyes were open. "Good morning." I said. "Good morning, gorgeous." He said. I still took a picture of him anyways because he just looked too cute not to.

 I still took a picture of him anyways because he just looked too cute not to

I leaned forward and kissed his forehead. My fingers passed through his hair and held the side of his face.

"I feel like I didn't apologize well enough last night. You forgave me so quickly. I just still feel bad for what I did. I'm sorry." I said. He instantly sat up and looked down at me with a blank face.

"Love, I forgave you so quickly because I hate fighting. What you said was something I shouldn't have even gotten mad over." He said. "No, you had every right to get mad." I sat up. "I would've been just as upset."

"Well either way, I still forgive you and it's all in the past now. I'm just glad we made up. I love you." He tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. "I love you." I smiled.

We both got up and quickly got ready. We did our entire morning routine together and got dressed.

"What should we do today?" I asked. Ivan looked down and fiddled with his ring. I knew he had something to say, but it looked like he was too afraid to say it.

"You ok, Van?" I asked. "Would you wanna um..." he started. I stood waiting for him to continue. "Would you want to meet my family?" He didn't even look up to make eye contact with me. I didn't say anything, but there was a smile on my face.

I guess Ivan thought my silence meant I didn't want to meet his family. "Actually, never mind. It was stupid." He started walking into the bedroom. "Wait." I grabbed his hand.

"I would love to meet your family." I smiled. "Really?" He said happily. "Yes! I'm your girlfriend after all. I would absolutely love to meet them." I smiled. "Perfect, but they don't really speak too much English." He said.

"Oh uh, that's ok. You can translate." I said. He nodded and got out his phone. He immediately called him mom and started making plans. It was so cute how excited he was over this.

"Would you wanna meet them today?" He asked moving the phone away from his face. I smiled and nodded. He put the speaker back up to his mouth and began talking to his mom in Spanish again.

While he was doing that, I went into the kitchen to make myself a smoothie. I opened the fridge to grab some fruit. A few seconds later, I heard footsteps and felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist. "What did your mom say?" I asked.

"She wants us to come over at 5:00." He said. "Perfect." I turned around and kissed him. I put all the fruit together in a strainer and ran them under lukewarm water.