Ivan's Last Day

7:00AM

I woke up and didn't even hesitate before hopping out of bed and quickly getting ready. Today was Ivan's last full day in New York, and I had to make in memorable.

I was going to throw him a surprise rooftop party at my apartment building. None of the residents are even allowed on the roof, but I didn't give a shit. This was for Ivan, and if that means getting arrested, then so be it.

I went up to Ivan, still sleeping, and took a picture of him. I put all of the details on the picture and posted it to my private story with all of my friends in it.

 I put all of the details on the picture and posted it to my private story with all of my friends in it

Now I have to think of how the hell I'm gonna set it up without Ivan knowing. I guess I'll just have to go to the store now while he's still sleeping and hide it somewhere. I had to go up to the roof first just to see how much room we had.

I walked out of my front door and took the steps up to the roof. It had a pretty big surface area which was perfect. And it already had foldable tables in the corner. Thank God. I was not looking forward to hauling tables through my apartment complex.

I went back down the stairs and made my way to the lobby and out on the streets. I started making my way towards one of the many liquor stores in town.

I walked in and was greeted by the strong scent of alcohol. Go figure.

I grabbed a basket because I knew I'd be buying a lot of bottles. This older man walked up to me with a smile. "Need any help, miss?"

"Oh, no thank you." I smiled. He nodded his head and walked off. That's a first. Usually guys like that try to hit on me. I continued walking through the store and grabbing bottles of alcohol, specifically ones that I knew teenagers liked.

I went up to the checkout and placed my basket on the counter. As the worker started ringing up the drinks, I got a glance at my total and widened my eyes. "It's for Ivan." I muttered under my breath, slowly pulling out my credit card.

I thanked the clerk and headed out the store with plenty of drinks. Such as Bacardi, Jack Daniel's, Smirnoff, Hennessy, Absolut, Ketel One, Malibu, Fireball, Tanqueray, Tito's, Ultras, and plenty of seltzers.

I carried the heavy bags all the way back to my apartment building, and to my front door. I pulled out my keys, unlocked the door, and walked in. I set the alcohol down on the counter but then remembered this was supposed to be a surprise. I grabbed the bags again and walked into my closet, hiding them behind the piles of clothes on my floor.

I walked back into the bedroom and plopped down on the bed next to Ivan. I guess that woke him up because shortly after, he sat up and yawned.

"Good morning." I smiled, leaning in to kiss him. I planted a soft kiss on his lips which made him smirk. "Good morning, gorgeous."

"I should probably start getting ready." He said standing up and walking to the guest bathroom. I continued lying on my bed, scrolling through TikTok when my phone started ringing.