Taehyun rolled his eyes.

"Now, tell me," Beomgyu demanded.

He exhaled.

"Something... happened with Soobin."

"What? He's in love with you?"

Taehyun sighed again.

"Yeah."

Beomgyu leapt up from the couch, screeching.

"HE'S WHAT?!?!?"

"He confessed that he's in love with me, and loves Juhyeok as his own son, on our last date."

"THAT'S JUST— wait."

Beomgyu sat back down and looked at his best friend with frantic eyes.

"Don't tell me you said no to him?!?!"

"I—"

"TAEHYUN YOU'RE SO STUPID!!"

Beomgyu stuffed munchkins into his mouth to keep himself from exploding, his bomb inside of him ticking.

"Why?! Why in the WORLD would you reject him?!"

Taehyun fell silent.

And Beomgyu realized.

"Don't tell me—"

"Stop reading me like an open book Hyung!"

"I can't help it; I've known you for over ten years!"

Taehyun didn't respond to that.

And suddenly, he remembered something: his thoughts from the last time he had a deep conversation with his two best friends.

What if I... fall for Soobin... No, I can't. I promised Mihye to never love anyone except for her. And I intend to do that. Yeah, that's right. Nothing will happen between us. Ever.

"Because... yeah... I... I still... love her."

Beomgyu was stunned.

Perplexed.

Completely caught off guard.

Speechless.

He stared at his best friend with an agape expression, unable to believe the words that just came out of his mouth.

"Umm..."

Taehyun shot him a look.

"What?!"

"I did not expect to hear those words out of your mouth..."

He made no comment after that. Taehyun meanwhile also grabbed a munchkin and stuffed it in his mouth.

"I really don't understand."

Taehyun frowned

"What?"

He glanced at Beomgyu with furrowed brows.

"Soobin is literally what you spent so many nights enduring judgment for. He's more than anything you ever asked for: he's kind, he's generous, and incredibly patient too. Even more, he treats Juju like his own son by buying him gifts, taking him out to cool places, and constantly looking after him!"

"I know Hyung!"

"Then why would you reject him?!"

"I already told you!"

Beomgyu shook his head.

"I don't believe you when you say you don't love Soobin."

"Why?!"