"Qingluo, when do you plan to start selling these cans?" Xi Rui asked with a smile.

Of course, he had to send these delicious items to the capital for his grandmother and mother to try.

As for his grandfather and father, who had ruthlessly thrown him to Northern Xinjiang, hmph, he would make sure that they saw it but don't get to try it.

Shi Qingluo replied, "The best season to sell these canned mutton is late autumn. So, after they're done, sell a portion of it every month. This will build up our reputation."

By the end of autumn, they will be sold in large quantities, and the price will naturally rise.

They would sell the canned food at a discount in the early stage, so that everyone would know that canned food in Heyang County was delicious.

When the weather was cold, the sales volume would definitely not be low even if the price was raised.

"Then sell a batch to me first, I'll send them to the capital." Xi Rui said with a smile.

He could also let his family eat it in autumn and winter, and save some money.

Liang Youxiao had similar thoughts. "Right, right. I'm also going to ship a batch back to the capital for my grandmother to try."

Liang Youxiao and Xi Rui's wool workshop was already open, so they would be sending some wool products back when the time came.

Shi Qingluo nodded, "No problem. Other than canned mutton, I'm also going to make canned food from other meat and canned fruit."

Xi Rui was taken aback. "Ah, so it is possible to make canned fruit?"

Shi Qingluo nodded. "Of course you can. For example, if this place produces a lot of pears, we can make canned pears and sell them in the capital and other places."

Liang Youxiao asked in confusion, "How do we make canned pears? Do we seal the raw pear in this jar?"

Shi Qingluo chuckled. "How can that be? If you put raw pears in the jar, they'll definitely spoil soon. Of course, it has to be cooked first. Then, add sugar. It will taste different from fresh pears. It will taste different. Frozen canned fruit is also very tasty in summer. I'll let you guys try it when it's done."

"Other than canned pears, what other fruits can be made?" Liang Youxiao asked curiously.

"For canned fruits, you can use peaches, plums, lychees, loquats, oranges, grapes, and so on." Shi Qingluo replied.

These were all the canned fruits she liked to eat in the modern world.

During summer, she would buy some and put them in the refrigerator, then cook sago to make fruit sago soup.

The northern border mainly had pears, grapes, and peaches as fruits.

She prepared to use these three to make canned fruit.

Qi Yiyang had previously written a letter to ask what kind of fruit could be planted to make the commoners rich, and she had suggested planting these kinds of fruits.

If the farmers couldn't sell it, their canned workshop would buy from them.

She also suggested for Heyang County and the county under Zhuojun's jurisdiction to plant these too.

She also suggested planting beets in these three counties.

When the time came, they could open a sugar workshop here and process the beets into cane sugar.

By then, not only would the problem of adding sugar in the canned food be solved, but the excess could also be sold at a high price to the Ge Kingdom and the Western Region.