Drifters Specials

Other Title:

Drifters: Special Edition

Synonyms:

Drifters OVA

Type:

OVA

Aired:

June 6, 2016

Source:

Manga

Genres:

Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy

Synopsis:

Bundled with the fifth manga volume.

Characters and Voice Actors:

- Main:

Yoichi Suketaka Nasu

Nasu Suketaka Yoichi (also called Nasu no Yoichi) is a very effeminate man of nineteen. Although he died many years before Nobunaga and Toyohisa, Yoichi is the youngest in the group. His historical death date is unclear, yet some records indicate that he either died on August 8 in 1189 or in October of 1190. Historically he is known as a powerful warrior who served Minamoto no Yoshitsune during the Genpei War, and he also appears in the Tale of the Heike. However, Nobunaga notes that Yoichi is very different from historical accounts. Yoichi acts as the group's archer, killing fleeing enemies.

- Saiga, Mitsuki (Japanese)

- Stollberg, Dirk (German)

- Briner, Justin (English)

- Crispino, Gilberta (Italian)

Nobunaga "Devil King of the Sixth Heaven, Minister of the Right" Oda

A famous warlord who conquered most of Japan during Sengoku period. Historically he is known for being the daimyo who took the first step of unification of the Japan, and the first Japanese military commander to utilize arquebuses in battles. Perhaps because of this, as a Drifter he uses an arquebus in battle. He died twenty years before Toyohisa (1582). As a Drifter, he has only aged six months since arriving in the new world.

- Uchida, Naoya (Japanese)

- McCollum, Robert (English)

- Lucchetti, Sergio (Italian)

- Brieger, Sven (German)

- Del Río, Ángel (Spanish)

- Marchese, Michelangelo (French)

Toyohisa "Nakatsukasa Shouyuu, Toyo" Shimazu

The protagonist. Historically he died in 1600. When he first arrived in the world, he was critically injured, only to be brought to the hideout of Nobunaga and Yoichi by some young "elves." Of the three Drifters in the group, Toyohisa is the most willing to help the elves, first by attacking the humans massacring them and then by convincing them to kill the leader of those humans. He uses a long sword and is seen carrying a short sword as well. He's also shown carrying a rifle, which he only uses when his swords are infeasible.

- Nakamura, Yuuichi (Japanese)

- Grille, Jessie James (English)

- Di Pofi, Federico (Italian)

- Lognay, Pierre (French)

- Mesa, Sergio (Spanish)

- Schaff, Frank (German)