Dragonball GT

Other Title:

Dragon Ball GT

Synonyms:

DBGT

Type:

TV

Aired:

February 7, 1996 to November 19, 1997

Source:

Manga

Genres:

Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy

Synopsis:

Emperor Pilaf finally has his hands on the Black Star Dragon Balls after years of searching, which are said to be twice as powerful as Earth's normal ones. Pilaf is about to make his wish for world domination when he is interrupted by Gokuu Son. As a result, Pilaf flubs his wish and accidentally turns Gokuu back into a child.

After the wish is granted, the Black Star Dragon Balls scatter across the galaxy. However, Gokuu discovers that they will cause the Earth to explode unless they are all brought back within a year. Uniting with his granddaughter Pan and a young adult Trunks, Gokuu sets off on an adventure through the universe to find the Black Star Dragon Balls and save his planet from destruction.

Characters and Voice Actors:

- Main:

Giru "Gear, Gil, G2006"

Giru is a Machine Mutant that accompanies Son Goku, Pan, and Trunks on their quest to find the Black Star Dragon Balls. His true name is G2006. The three first met him on a desert planet, while he was on the brink of death. After eating the Dragon Radar for energy, he tried to escape from them, but was ultimately caught by Goku. After that, they found out that the radar intergraded into his software. Upon arriving on the planet, M2, he seemingly betrays his friends, though it is later revealed he was in league with Trunks to reveal Myu's ultimate secret: Baby. The plan works, and Giru and Trunks successfully rescue Goku and Pan as well. Giru then becomes part of the Black-Star Dragon Ball team again. In the series, Giru keeps getting destroyed but is later fixed by Trunks.

- Strait, Sonny (English)

- Satouchi, Shinobu (Japanese)

- Pálmai, Szabolcs (Hungarian)

- Giraldi, Sílvio (Portuguese (BR))

- Ziesmer, Santiago (German)

- Ramirez, Luis Daniel (Spanish)

- Redler, Thierry (French)

Pan

Birthday: November 8

Pan is a fictional character in the manga and anime series Dragon Ball Z, as well as Dragon Ball GT. She is a Human-Saiyajin quarter breed. In the original Japanese version, she was voiced by Yuko Minaguchi, while she is voiced by Elise Baughman in the FUNimation dub and by Caitlynne Medrek in the Blue Water Studios redubs. It should be noted that Pan's name comes from the Pan of Roman (as well as others) mythology. That means that, at first glance, she appears to have been named after her mother Videl rather than her father Gohan. However, closer inspection reveals a double-pun on behalf of author Akira Toriyama, in that Pan is also the Japanese and Spanish word for bread, continuing her father's food-based name as well as her mother's god-religion-based name.

Pan is introduced in the series following the ten year interval between the defeat of Majin Buu and the end of the written Dragon Ball series. In the series, Pan is daughter of the primary character named Son Gohan, and as a result, the granddaughter of the main character named Son Goku. Pan is the only original character in the series with the most diluted Saiyajin heritage, and as a result, it was stated in the Daizenshuu that she didn't have the ability to become a Super Saiyajin. However, this is later contradicted by the Dragon Ball GT Perfect file books that stated that she could have ascended if she trained hard enough. It was also stated by Toriyama that the simple reason to Pan's inability to become a Super Saiyajin was that he could not come up with a logical design for a female Super Saiyajin; being that most of the Super Saiyajin traits are typical of males, and not females.