Chapter Twenty-Six

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"True, he's not called the bachelor prince of Los Angeles for nothing. Grayson isn't known for being love sick. I'm his best friend and I don't think I've ever seen him act this way", Wesley said.

"Woah, easy on that L-word there. No one said anything about-", I began with a nervous chuckle.

"Look at that man over there and tell me you aren't starting to fall in love with him", Violet interrupted while rolling her eyes.

'Don't bullshit me', was practically written on her face.

I did as she said though. I looked over at him as he was talking with Kaden and some other men. They were standing their laughing and having a good time with glasses of wine in their hands. My eyes followed every movement Gray made. He smiled and laughed at something Kaden said as Kaden patted him on his shoulder. He then replied back in their conversation with his signature confident smirk. He was taking a sip of his wine when his deep blue eyes met mine almost as if he could feel my stare. I bit my lip nervously but was unable to look away. His eyes darkened lustfully and his jaw clenched as his eyes slowly trailed down my body. Those two actions themselves had me thinking of all the things I'd do to that man in an empty room for 30 minutes.

My thighs were clenched together as his eyes moved up to meet mine again, my bottom lip gripped so tight between my teeth I was surprised I wasn't tasting my own blood. He smirked at me and winked causing me to inhale and exhale a shaky breath.

Suddenly someone in his group said something and he tuned back into their conversation like he had never left.

"You look like you guys just had the kinkiest mental sex known to man", Kyra smirked. I looked back at her with wide eyes and heated cheeks.

"Okay, so maybe I'm falling in love", I squeak out.

"But before I tell him I need to tie up loose ends. I'm going back home for thanksgiving", I confirmed.

"Really", Kyra asked.

"Jordan and Tara aren't together but they could still raise hell", Violet said worriedly.

"I've got my own hell to raise. I'm tired of running and hiding and I won't make Grayson run and hide with me. Jordan can try his scare tactics to get me back but they won't work, if he puts hands on me I'll have his family putting him on a T-shirt. Tara on the other hand, I've been dealing with this one sided, petty rivalry for too damn long. It's time I have a conversation with my cousin. A year ago I left as a cheated on, run away bride. Thanksgiving I'm going back as the fearless Phoenix", I explained.

"That's why you're the Fearless Phoenix writer, that shit just made me feel like I need to go to war", Violet smirked, a chaotic look in her eyes. I couldn't help but laugh at her. Violet was a bit smaller than me but I imagined she could still pack a punch with the right training.

"Easy there eye of the tiger, you don't have to fight anyone", Wesley smirked down at her before kissing her forehead.

A little while later I was leaving the bathroom solo, Violet and Kyra had offered to come with but I had assured them I knew how to defend myself.

I was making my way down the dark, low lit hallway back to the ballroom when a hand grabbed my wrist and I was pushed against the wall. I was met with Nathaniel Dawson's face way too close to mine.

"I'd make a joke about not being able to see you in this lighting, but I can and you still look sexy as hell. Too sexy to be on the arm of Grayson Hart for sure", he whispered close to my face.

His breath reeked of wine and smoke, making me fight a gag.

All I wanted to do was sink into the wall he held me against and further away from his grip on my wrist and waist.