"Do you know how to skate?" He says as he walked to a teacher volunteering and giving out skates to borrow to the students.

You blinked a couple of times, coming back to your senses. "I don't think I've ever tried."

"Well you're gonna try today. Can we have two pairs of skates please?" He asked the teacher.

"Are there any pink ones? I like blue too." You asked.

"We do. But that's the only Colors we have left..." she said, looking at Tristan.

You gasped. "Oh my god we're going to have matching pink skates!" You clapped and jumped up and down. "We'll take them!"

The teacher handed you the skates.

Tristan cleared his throat.

"Don't worry I'll make it up to you by taking the scratched up ones. You take the pretty ones."

He chuckled as he followed you to the benches to sit down.

He put them on quickly.

"Wow that was fast. You really like pink huh?"

He rolled your eyes and smirked. "I play hockey sometimes."

"You do? How come you've never told me."

"Never came up." He said as he watched you struggle to put them on. "Let me."

You let go of them and let him tie them for you, crouching down to your feet.

"Well, I mean— subjects don't need to come up for you to talk about your interests. You can just talk about them to me. I like hearing people talk about what they like." You said, your voice getting lower and lower as you spoke and your face becoming redder and redder.

He finished tying them and looked up at you. His eyes were opened a little bit wider than usual, as If surprised. Pleasantly. "I'll.. keep that in mind."

You never thought street lamp lighting was so good. Or maybe he was just so good looking he looked good in every setting. The latter seems to be more possible.

"Yeah, sure." You said.

He cleared his throat and looked back down to your skates. "I'm done." He stood up.

"Thanks a lot." You said, but before you could get up he had already grabbed your hand to help you stand up.

"I'll guide you through it 'kay?" He asked, an eyebrow raised, nodding his head.

You looked up at him with big eyes. Nodding slowly.

I probably look so stupid right now.
But I can't help it.

You thought to yourself. You could hear your heartbeat in your ears.

"Okay slowly alright?" He said as he walked you in the rink, him leading.

You waddled into the rink and immediately wrapped your arms around him when you stepped on the ice. Hugging him tightly.

"Nope. Nope nope nope nope nope." You panicked.