Alessandro strolled down my father's path willingly, and I refuse to talk about anything the involves that life even if my hands are already stained red. Bloody hands that were clean when they caressed her skin. She was like holy water that washed my sins away. It was hard for me to grasp her existence since she seems so unreal.

As I I hold her in her childhood bed with her curled into my chest  I feel as if I am unable to taint her skin.

"Hey, you okay?" Her hands slide up my chest slithering around to cup the back of my neck with a tender touch. Her voice was soft and gentle despite being groggy.

I nod smiling down at my wife. I know she was joking when she proposed with the cheap, plastic rings that now takes its place on my left ring finger, but I was serious.

"I was just thinking about how beautiful you are." I answer, honestly.

"You're beautiful too." She murmurs sleepily, her eyes fluttering close as they once were.

She called me beautiful. Months earlier I would have seen that compliment as an attempt to bruise my masculinity but when she says it, it is genuine. She thinks I am beautiful, not just physically but all of me, my mind, my heart, my soul. Knowing she thinks I am beautiful sparks a dim flame that seems to warm my chest.

She shifts in her sleep and her foot kicks me. I look at the clock on her bedside table seeing it is only seven in the morning, and I know it is too early to make an attempt of waking up Ivy.

Slowly and quietly, I shuffle out of bed sliding her away from me. She turns snuggling deeper under the comforter.

I put on a sweat pants and grab one of Ivy's Spider-Man hoodies out of a million. Her room was so cold goosebumps were starting to rise.

I exit the room, leaving Ivy to get some sleep, and the smell of coffee was already roaming from the kitchen before I could even walk down the hallway.

There were hush voices coming from the kitchen and they quieted when I walked into the kitchen. Mrs. Taylor and August look at from their places near the stove.

August raises is brows in surprise and Mrs. Taylor wears a soft smile.

"Good morning." I nod politely.

"Good mornin', Carter. Would you like some coffee?"

"No, thank you. I do not drink coffee."

She chuckles setting down her coffee mug walking to the refrigerator, "Apple juice? I know I'm not my daughter but hopefully it's up to your standards." She opens a cabinet grabbing a glass that was decorated with painted sunflowers.

"Thank you." I smile gratefully taking the glass from her hand. I take a sip. It tasted like regular apple juice.

Mrs. Taylor's hair was wrapped in a scarf as a robe was wrapped around her body and fuzzy purple socks cover her feet.

She and Ivy have the same kind smile, but Ivy's smile is a little brighter and wider. They have the same nose and deep cinnamon colored eyes with hints of amber, but the marbling of their irises differed. I also noticed last night that all women under this roof share the same curl pattern even with their different lengths.

I could find all the similarities between Ivy and her mother, but none between her and her father.

"Welcome to The Breakfast Club, Carter." August smiles and based off his cheeriness I would never guess it was morning.

"Breakfast Club?" What is a breakfast club and why am I being welcomed into it? My confusion was clear on my face.

"It's a joke since we're the only people in the house that actually wakes up early enough to eat breakfast instead of brunch."