Done. Pt. 3

I pulled into Beth's driveway and got out. I walked up to the door and knocked a few times until Beth answered. "Beth. We need to talk." I spoke in a serious tone. She looked worried and afraid at the same time. "I- uhm. Okay, come on in." She opened the door wider so I could enter, and I made my way to the kitchen. Beth followed behind me. She grabbed two glasses out of the cabinet and placed them on the island.

She poured both of us a glass of bourbon and slid my glass toward me. "So what's up?" She asked, taking a sip from her glass. I looked into my glass and spoke carefully. "I don't want to be involved in the money stuff anymore, Beth. I don't want to go around, robbing people and taking things from people. I don't want to be a criminal. I can't afford to be a criminal. The gang thing? I don't wanna be a part of that. Whatever you guys plan to do, I want no part in it. You said you owe me. That is all I ask for." I rambled. I downed the alcohol and slid my glass toward her, asking for me.

"Okay, honey. That's perfectly fine with me. I'm sorry we got you involved." She smiled softly at me while refilling my glass and sliding it back my way.

__________________________________________

I opened my front door slowly, being careful not to drop any of the groceries I had in hand. I used my foot to kick the door closed and placed the bags on the island. I reached into the fridge and grabbed a beet to drink while putting up the groceries. By the time I was done putting up the groceries, I was halfway through my beer. I walked over to the couch and turned on the TV when I heard a meow coming from my hallway. I got up and slowly walked toward the noise when I saw the figure of a man I recognized. "Oh. Hey." I said. I walked into the light, a kitten in hand.

My jaw dropped, and my hands immediately found their way to the fury creature. "Awww, my gooodddd.. it's adorable. Is it yours?" I asked, all my attention on the kitten. "Nope. She isn't mine. She is yours." I looked at him like he was crazy. "Mine!?" I pointed to myself in shock. He looked at me and smiled. "Yep. She is all yours, Mama." Tears welled up in my eyes. My cat recently passed away, and it was putting me through a deep depression. He put the kitten on my arms as I let the tears fall from my eyes.

"You aight'?" He asked. I smiled and nodded my head. He smiled back and grabbed my hand, and led me to the couch. I sat down, kitten still I'm my arms. "She is three weeks old and was fixed up. She is a rescue. They found her in a bush. She is a lucky one." He rubbed his knuckle against her fur. "Take good care of her for me." I nodded back.

All I wanted to do in that very moment was hug him, but I knew that wasn't his thing. He stood up from the couch and told me to follow him to my room. I got up and trailed behind him. When I entered my room, my heart felt like it was going to explode. There was a little bed for her, a litter box, toys, and a food and water bowl for her. "There is cat food in the cabinet under the sink for her." He sat on my bed and rubbed his knees. I let the kitten run free around the room. I sat on the floor in a criss-cross position, my back pressed up against the wall.

"What's your name..?" I asked him, looking at the kitten. He sighed quietly and got up to sit down next to me. "Rio." I smiled. His name suited him. "I like it. It suits you." I finally looked up at him. He was looked down at the floor, a soft smile across his lips.

I looked away, smiling to myself. My heart was racing, and my stomach felt like it was doing cartwheels. Why was I feeling this way? I'm not even supposed to be talking to him right now, but I just can't NOT talk to him.  He was just too kind to me, and for some reason, he seemed to care but in the smallest way possible.

"You okay, ma?" He asked, his hand resting gently on my knee. I looked over at him, his face inches away from mine. My breath got caught in my throat, his seeming to do the same. Our eyes flip from each other's eyes to our lips. We were both clearly in shock, but we both knew what we wanted. Our faces got closer and closer. He used his pinky to tuck a loose strand of hair out of my face and behind my ear. My lips parted slowly, inching closer to his.

Once my lips collided with his, my body relaxed. I felt safe. His arms wrapped around my waist, and mines went around his neck. Our lips moved together perfectly, our breathing in sink. My hands held his face, pushing his lips closer to mine. Our tongues clashed together as the kiss grew passionate and warm. This was the first time I kissed someone, and it made me feel warm and comfortable inside. Everyone else was rough and fast, but he was slow and passionate.

His hands were soft and comforting. He pulled me onto his lap, his hands on both sides of my waist. My hips grinded slowly into him, but not to the point where it had is aching. I felt secure with him. Some how, I knew that whenever I was around him, I would be safe.

Our lips departed, letting us finally breath. "Rio we can't do anything more than this. Trust me, I want to but we can't do it yet." I rambled. He nodded, still retreating his breath. Our hands remained in the same place. "I would never do anything you didn't want me to do." He whispered. "No. I do want it. I want you. We just can't until it's safer to fo so." He chuckled. "Okay mama." He whispered in my ear. "Anything for you."  He lifted me up, my legs wrapped around his hips, my arms around his neck. He opened my bedroom door and walked out with me in his arms, the kitten followed behind us.

He placed me on the couch in a laying position. "I'll see you later princess." He winked then pulled away. The kitten jumped onto the couch and onto my chest as Rio left. "Now what should I name you?"

___________________________________________

I am actually OBSESSED with this chapter 😍😍😍

THANK YOOOUUU