Yamir turned back to the streets to provide for his siblings, Jada, and a newborn Messiah.

"Shit happens.. yeen have no choice in the matter. But look how far everyone is now."

Yamir smiled, everyone was good now. His sisters had both started at Grambling State University this fall, Jada had just passed her NCLEX exam to be an RN, and Messiah was well taken cared of with money put up to take care of his children's children.

Now Yamir was also back in school to finish up the two years he had left at UNC.

"I apologize for distancing myself how I did, I should've been there that last year." Cash said.

Yamir waved him off, "You had yo own shit to deal wit after the coma."

Which was true.

Almost two years ago, after a gunshot to his lung, Cash was put in a coma for a few months. Due to the loss of blood and oxygen, he suffered minor brain damage. As a result, Cash had to relearn some basic skills such as tying his shoe and eating.

With consistent daily physical therapy for 5 months, Cash began to see some major improvements.

To many doctors surprise, he's basically made a full recovery aside from the slight nerve damage that causes occasional loss of sensation in his hands/feet.

"I was just tryna get away from that lifestyle after allat," Cash sighed.

Yamir nodded, "I know.. and I wish JD, Moonie, and the rest of them would do the same now."

"That's all niggas know tho, we was some lucky ones. We could easily been them,"

Yamir held his arms up, pulling Cash into a hug.

A few seconds passed before they pulled away with Cash mugging him.

"Eww nigga."

"Mane fuck you," Yamir chuckled.

____________________

"Lady Whisteldown messy.." Cash shook his head.

Slim laughed as she sat on the couch beside him.

"Daphne and Simon are my favorite." Slim said, laying her head on his chest.

"Nah they cool, but I'm fucking wit the sister and Anthony on this season."

"Simon so sexy." Slim said, sticking her tongue out.

"Ight nie." She laughed as Cash side eyed her.

The two were catching up on Bridgerton for the night.

"How is Yamir?" She wondered since she knew Cash had visited earlier.

"He straight, he asked about you too.. we invited to his lil housewarming party on Saturday."

Slim nodded, "Remind me that we need to go look for gifts for them this week,"

"Man put some money in a card, call it a day." Cash said, scrunching up his face.

Slim ignored him as she opened Amazon on her phone, "We not doing that. Text him and ask what themes and colors they decorating the house with, and also ask what they would want."

She watched as he pulled out his phone and texted Yamir, before she decided to speak again.

"How was the rest of your day?"