Corporate Work

Y/N's POV:

So right now, I'm in Louis' office with him and Mr. Steinfeld...Hailee's father

After I shake his hand, I decide to talk and break the ice

Y/N: So...what's this about?

Louis: Y/N, Peter here is the client I told you about. He helped create McKernon Motors alongside Avery McKernon. Peter was responsible for the west coast division and Avery was responsible for the east coast division. And as you might know, McKernon Motors also built the engines for the Midland F1 team back in 2007.

Y/N: Yikes...Midland.

Peter chuckles

Peter:  Yeah...they didn't perform the way we thought they would. Normally Harvey would help me in these kind of situations. But now that he's "retired" from corporate law, Louis told me about your expertise in corporate finances and your law knowledge. I hope you're like your dad. You look good in this with him by the way.

He shows Y/N a Forbes magazine with Y/N and Harvey on the cover

Y/N: Yeah...that's a nice shot of me.

Peter chuckles

Peter: Anyways, I came to the big apple because there is a new deal which I have been informed about. McKernon's new CEO and my former protegé, Jonathan Stensland told me he found a buyer willing to spend 200 million dollars for the ground underneath the flagship factory.

Louis: Where are they moving manufacturing?

Peter: Overseas. Jonathan said that the real asset is the name. Them moving overseas would save them a lot of money. 

Y/N: Up front payout while retaining the name and maintaining cash flow over time.

Peter: Exactly.

Y/N: I know your shares would skyrocket, but this is a bad thing to do.

Peter: You don't think I know that? People's jobs are on the line here. My people! I'm not letting them lose their jobs over something I can and will stop. Question is: Will you help me?

I detect a menacing tone to Mr. Steinfeld's voice

Normally, I'd act like my father and give him an arrogant response. But since I'm talking to the father of my possible girlfriend, I act soft and just scoff

 But since I'm talking to the father of my possible girlfriend, I act soft and just scoff