27. Start of Exams

Start from the beginning

The things asked were fairly easy and basic, there were only a couple things that she had only learned this year, but nothing she absolutely didn't know.

Only thing was she got her colors wrong for the mouse. She was supposed to make it a bright red, but instead she made it blue.

After the exam, there wasn't much time to talk about what they did wrong though as they soon headed to dinner and dove into studying for transfiguration.

Everyone was so tired that there was no celebration that they were one exam down, they just crashed.

Transfiguration wasn't terrible, she forgot a few definitions for her written exam, but her practical was good.

They had their Herbology exam on Wednesday. Cassie wasn't great with keeping plants alive, but luckily it was mostly harvesting and feeding, not keeping them alive long term, so all the examiner knew was that she did good (however, there's no guarantee that the plants lived later).

On Thursday however, was her time to shine. She had finished the exam in half the time needed and just looked around the room. She was sitting next to James Potter who was scribbling on a piece of paper. It was a snitch with the initials L.E.

Cassie had actually forgotten about his crush on her, he hadn't made a very public announcement about it in a while, probably due to testing. Although, her brother looked completely unbothered, just lounging in his chair.

She slightly laughed to herself and looked at Izzy who was happily drawing on her sheet of extra paper. Den looked stressed and Aries had completely fallen asleep.

"Quills down, please!" squeaked Professor Flitwick. "That means you too, Stebbins! Please remain seated while I collect your parchment! Accio!"

More than a hundred rolls of parchment zoomed into the air and into Professor Flitwick's outstretched arms, knocking him backward off his feet. Several people laughed. A couple of students at the front desks got up, took hold of Professor Flitwick beneath the elbows, and lifted him onto his feet again.

"Thank you . . . thank you," panted Professor Flitwick. "Very well, everybody, you're free to go!"

Cassie followed everyone out of the room, she was heading to the grounds outside to meet her friends to get some fresh air and caught the voices of Sirius and his friends, "Did you like question ten, Moony?" asked Sirius as they emerged into the entrance hall.

"Loved it," said Lupin briskly. " 'Give five signs that identify the werewolf.' Excellent question."

"D'you think you managed to get all the signs?" said James in tones of mock concern.

"Think I did," said Remus seriously, as they joined the crowd thronging around the front doors eager to get out into the sunlit grounds.

"One: He's sitting on my chair. Two: He's wearing my clothes. Three: His name's Remus Lupin . . ."

Peter was the only one who didn't laugh. "I got the snout shape, the pupils of the eyes, and the tufted tail," he said anxiously, "but I couldn't think what else —"

"How thick are you, Wormtail?" said James impatiently. "You run round with a werewolf once a month —"

"Keep your voice down," implored Remus. Cassie snorted, covering her mouth so they wouldn't hear. They did really need to be quieter, it would be so easy for anyone to just figure out right then and there.

The group of Slytherins sat close to the edge of the black lake, not taking any mind of the Gryffindors. Some of them were dipping their feet in, Aries was continuing his nap, Theo was studying for his next exam, and the rest were just mulling about, enjoying their well needed break.