18. Christmas Break

Start from the beginning

She gave him a look, "Regulus, he's still our brother."

He rolled his eyes, "yes, but,  he's being a git right now." She nodded dramatically and Barty scoffed.

"He's always a git!" They all laughed and sat back in their seats and soon enough the train started moving.

Theo holds her hand and rubs his thumb over her knuckles. "So excited for this," she says sarcastically, but with some truth behind it. "It's in a few days. I have my last dress fitting and the rehearsal for the dance and then it's the day."

~

The train reached the station and all of them took their trunk out with them and onto the platform. The Black siblings parted from their friends and spotted their mother, standing there like she always did. She scowled at all of the muggles and muggleborns and stood there stiff, but elegant.  

When she saw us, she gave a us a smirk, "Hello, children."

"Hello, Mother," both siblings said at the same time. She held out her hands and each teenager grabbed one before she apparated them home.

They landed in their downstairs living room that looked the same as when they left. Clean, expensive, and cold. "I've missed you both," she said, placing her hands under their chins. Both knew what this meant, Father had done something and pissed her off. Neither made a move to do anything and she clicked her tongue, "Cassiopeia, we have much to discuss about your ball, Regulus, how about you run along upstairs and start unpacking?" 

He sighed, but eventually nodded and took his trunk upstairs, leaving the two alone in the room.  When he was out of sight, Walburga turned to her daughter and pointed her wand towards her arm and sliced it. She didn't want to risk hurting her face so close to her ball. "So I've contacted your options and there have been a few that I've liked. One overall seemed pretty persistent. So tomorrow we will be having a meeting with Theodore Nott and his parents." Cassie was completely relieved that he was the top choice, she barely even minded the next curse that came towards her.

"Yes, ma'am," her daughter nodded with a slight smile on her face, no matter the pain.

"Your dance practice with Regulus, Pandora Lestrange, Rabastian Lestrange, Isobel, and Asher will be tomorrow before the dinner and your last dress fitting will be the day after. I hope you understand everything that will happen after. Your soon to be engagement will be announced at your ball. Whether it is Zabini, Nott, or Warrington." The girl glared at the air around her as she heard the name.

"Mother, if I marry Warrington, I'm afraid I may kill him," Cassie admits honestly and Walburga smirks.

"I wouldn't expect anything less." Something about the pride in her mother's voice made Cassie raise her head a bit higher. "Now, make yourself presentable, your cousins and their husbands are coming over for dinner soon."

The grey eyed girl nodded and headed up to her brother room. When she opened up his door, he was sitting on his bed and gave her a worried look, "You okay?"

She didn't even hesitate before nodding and he sighed in relief, he didn't want to have to look through anymore healing books, "Narcissa, Bella are coming over with their husbands."

"Oh, not Malfoy," he groans, throwing his head back against his bed frame, making her laugh. 

"And don't forget tomorrow we have dance practice," she told him in a slightly singing voice. At this he dramatically fell off his bed, making her burst out laughing. 

~

It was only about an hour or so later when Kreacher called them down stairs for dinner. Regulus made a face of disgust. "You can always admit defeat and just not come to dinner."