"You did some investigating? Did you find anything?"

Lo'ak stretched himself further on the chair and proudly raised his nose.

"What did you guys call? Yes, detective. As a detective, I found plenty of evidence, of course."

When Spider slapped him on the head, he corrected himself with a grin, "We found evidence."

I looked at him expectantly, urging him to continue. When he didn't catch on, I spoke up.

"Well, spill the beans. What did you find?"

I asked, trying to hide my anxiety. I hoped he had found something silly and nonsensical, because if he discovered that A'ina was the one, things would get really complicated. Spider put his arm on Lo'ak's shoulder and answered my question.

"We found a few strands of hair."

"And also a stone from among the bushes,"

Lo'ak continued. Hair? But it's my hair. Anyway, that's not significant evidence. Wait a minute, did he say a stone?

"What stone?"

Lo'ak answered immediately, "I don't know, it has a dried bloodstain on it. Probably belongs to that person. I put it in the bag I stole from the lab a while ago, so no one would find it."

He said and turned back to chatting with Spider. This is not good. Not good at all. Who knows where he hid it. Finding that would be impossible. What should I do? My thoughts were interrupted by Lo'ak's pained voice. Max had grabbed Lo'ak by the ear.

"So, you're the one who took those fridge storage bags."

Max said angrily. Lo'ak, of course, quickly defended himself.

"Hey! It hurts! What was I supposed to do? They looked shiny. I got curious and took them."

He said, trying to free his ear from Max's grip. Spider was standing a bit away, watching them and laughing. After giving them a smile, I called out to Max. Today, I needed to take care of this avatar body business.

"Max, I wanted to ask you something. If you're not too busy, I'd like to do my first connection with the avatar body today."

Upon hearing my words, Lo'ak looked at me with surprise and bombarded me with questions.

"What body? What avatar?"

I shot him a look that said 'I'll explain later.' Max went to his desk and checked his schedule for the day. Then he turned back to me.

"I have a few hours free this afternoon. We can do it then. But first, you need to go see Jake and get his permission. We can't do it without his approval."

Permission? Didn't he ask me to do this in the first place? With an exasperated sigh, I nodded in agreement. After finishing the last bite of my meal, I stood up, gestured with my eyes to Lo'ak and Spider to follow me outside. I put on the oxygen mask hanging by the door and stepped outside. Lo'ak and Spider followed me. Lo'ak quickly came up to me and looked at me.

"Why didn't I know about this?"

He said, a faint disappointment evident in his voice. I turned to him and replied.

"Because your father wanted me not to tell anyone. I didn't even know until later. Your father has everything planned."

Lo'ak furrowed his brow for a moment and started looking around, clearly filled with question marks. He was trying to understand something. Then, he chuckled with a mocking attitude.