Tell me you're lying

Beginne am Anfang

"As Xavier told you, I just wanted to make sure there's no hate between us. Because, I hate the idea of you hating me, or not wanting to have anything to do with me. We can't just go from lovers to haters, right?"

Yes. Yes, we can.

"Jason...I just wants answers before anything can be cleared out." I paused, getting myself ready to say what I really didn't want to say. Because I knew he would say something I really don't want to hear.

"Yeah... anything but can Xavier leave? No offense bro."

I almost chuckled at the way he looked back at Jason. It was like he was challenging him or something. Then he looked towards me and his gaze softened immediately as they silently asked for my opinion.

I didn't want Xavier to leave, but if he's here then Jason might hold back. And I want to hear everything, no matter how much it might hurt.

"Wait for me, ok? I'll survive." I mumbled.

He leaned in, and spoke in a low voice so only I could hear.

"But- what if he tries to kiss you again?!"

"What?! You know I won't kiss him Xavier."

"I know but...what if...I..."

"Xavier."

"...Fine. I'll be in the car."

He mumbled before getting up, glaring at Jason one last time before leaving. I took one breath, readying myself.

"You lied." I tried to keep my voice calm and apathetic. I think I did a pretty good job. "You didn't mistake a girl for me, did you?"

He looked a bit surprised with my question, but quickly regained his composure.

"You want to hear the truth?" He sighed. "I'm sorry, Amy, I should've told you that...I liked someone else before we started dating." He looked away from me as he spoke. Knowing it was wrong.

I knew this would hurt. I knew whatever he was going to say now would get me overthinking every single thing we did. Our first date, our kisses... Oh my gosh I was a distraction wasn't I?

"But at first it was meaningless. Just a simple crush and I liked you more than I did her, but for some reason everytime I saw her... So I decided to avoid her. It was going well till we were six months in to our relationship. She was assigned as my lab partner and we had to work together on our project alone after school and at my home..."

The images flashing in my head...

"When did you start dating?"

"A month before our anniversary month-"

"A month before we broke up, you mean."

"Yeah. I know it was stupid but then...I like the both of you and I didn't know who to choose so I thought, I can have the both of you. So I did. I realize now how stupid that was-"

"You're lieing Jason. Just shutup. I was just some kind of rebound. That girl, her name is Jane right? Your ex. You still liked your ex but you started dating me?"

"No I- didn't mean to hurt you. I still liked you."

"Where's your new girlfriend huh? Does she know your here?"

"No...she isn't my girlfriend."

"You messed up with her too."

"She- I-"

"Jason. I hate you."

The words just spilled out from my mouth, and once it was said, I didn't once want to take it back. I was proud of myself for how I said it, like I didn't care that I was nothing. That we were nothing. But I did. It hurt and it affected me. And I hated it.