One

*Maybel's Pov*

Hi, my name is Maybel Cox. I live right in the middle of New York City, so I get the chance to see lots of sexy preditors in alleyways. The only thing I didn't expect to come across were five mysterious boys, all dressed in hoodies and skinny jeans. But that's for later. I'm a junior in high school and I love watching the sunset and listening to Lana del Ray. My parents have been pushy about me finding my soulmate lately, because they found each other when they were much younger than I am now.

Pesonally, I don't care about finding my soulmate. I don't obsess over boys or love like the other girls. I have many interests and hobbies. I'm completely focused on becoming a psycologist, and I spend my evenings reaserching the brain insead of going out to parties or hooking up with strangers.

I'm currently sitting in my room working on some homework when I hear a soft tap come from my window. What the hell?
Despite the noise, I continue writing my paper.

My fairy lights provide a soft glow and illuminate my bedroom, creating a calming atmosphere. I hear the clicking of my chromebook keys as I type, and i'm completely at peace. Until I hear another noise coming from my bedroom window.

This time it's a loud knock, and I panic.

Immediatly, I scramble off my bed and onto the floor. Desperatly trying to wobble my way into the closet as quick as possible. The knock happens again, but a little softer this time.

I make absolutely no noise, and cover my mouth. This can't be happening. It just can't. I know this is my karma for watching too many true crime documentaries. I'm about to be the star of my own documentary. One i'll never have the chance to see, because i'll be dead as fuck. I never expected my fate to be this. I hope my mother knows how much I love her. Maybe there will be an after life...

My thoughts are cut off when I see a tall, dark figure standing right in front of me.

I'm completly frozen, stunned at the horrifying sight before me. My window is now open, and a soft breeze wanders through the tense space. I make out more of their face when they take a step foward, and some light from my chromebook falls onto his face. It's a man.

He takes a step closer to my terrified frame, and I'm worried my heart will beat out of my chest

This is it. He's going to kill me. Today, on May 3rd, 2023 I was going to die.

I know the date because I had to write it on a biology assignment earlier. But anyway this is absolutely ridiculous. I'm pissed af.

I watch him crouch down next to me so I try and put on a brave face. I can't let him know how scared I am. I wasn't afraid of weapons or death like the other girls.

He's wearing a black sweatshirt, and his hood is pulled over his head. Our close proximity causes a sweat to break on my face. I can see all of his features in perfect light, his face now captured in the glow of my fairy lights. He's pretty.

I try and force my mind to wander to unnecessary places to distract my brain from the obvious travesty in front of me. That lasts for about a second, and then I start twitching.

"Shh..." He whispers.

I'm gonna cry fr. Who the fuck does he think he is? 'sHhHhH'
Bitch if u want me to shh get out of my fucking house.

Both my eyes start taking turns aggressivly twitching. One after the other like musically programed christmas lights.

Despite my twitching, I decide to live out my y/n moment.

"W-who are you?"

He smirks at my scared tone, and I can feel his gaze piercing into my skin, causing my armpits to sweat and under my shirt, droplets slide down my torso.

"Don't be afraid, baby. I won't hurt you." He brings a hand up to caress my face. I shudder.

Who does he think he is? 'dO not bE aFrAiD' bestie u ain't god.

"I need you to come with me."

I'm feeling very faint.

"Absolutely not, why would I do that?"

He tucks a loose strand of hair behind my ear and stares at me while doing so, his eyes not leaving mine once.

"You need to trust me. I know you won't believe me if I say this so I'm gonna wait until we're out of here. But I need you to come with me."

My eyes twitch even more aggressivly.

He looks at me with a shameful expression on his face. "Maybel, I need you to listen to me. I don't want to hurt you."

What? How does he know my name? I'm starting to question if this moment I'm experiencing is reality or a dream in in. I still feel faint, actually I feel even more droopy than before.

"R u stupid fr?"

I can't help but say this to him, because he's looking at me with complete seriousness on his face. As if he isn't saying the most mind fucking things I've ever heard in my life

"I'm so sorry..." I hear. And suddenly I'm watching him grab a dumbbell off my closet floor and whack me straight in the head