023. planes and bikini tops

Start from the beginning

i couldn't help but grin at the fact that he didn't ask me to help him pack his bag.

"kenny." i cross my arms with a sigh.

"fine. i think i saw niko mix it with sharkys clothes," he answers.

"does niko think sharky is gonna be the one pulling off the pink kini?" i scoffed loudly before turning my back.

"pink is so not his color," i state jokingly before walking out and hearing kenny laugh muffled.

my eyes avert to the door that wrote sharky in a bright red color.

i smile remembering how me and him argued for days when we moved in on what color we should write it in.

the smile i had dropped when the images played out on what could be behind that door.

looking down at my healing palm, it's been a week after my hand incident and a week after me and sharky started to talk again.

but it felt different.

and i hate different.

twisting the door handle open and pushing the door open felt almost impossible.

sharky was sitting on his bed, his grey suitcase all packed, and stood by the door.

his normal faint smile on his face and the sound of his fingers hitting his screen, like he was typing.

i clear my throat making my presence known.

it felt like i snuck up on him cause the boy jumped from his spot and looked up.

and smiled at me.

and he smiled at me.. that was all i needed, that goddamn smile.

it felt unrealistic to melt at such a small thing but here i was melting at his toothy grin.

"hi." the boy stated.

"hi." i repeat.

it was awkward.

for the first time in my life, i felt awkward around sharky.

i hate this.

"so urm.. you all packed?" my voice peeks through.

his eyes shoot to the suitcase and then back to me, with a nod of his head he said.

"yup, didn't take as long as i expected."

sharky clears his throat when done talking and like that, he stood up and grabbed something i couldn't quite see.

"oh, i also found this,"

in his hand was the pink bikini top i was looking for.

i couldn't quite understand how he just managed to read my mind like that.

as if he knew me this well because he did.

i didn't say anything, i managed to just find myself staring at him with the faintest of grins.

"figured you'd need it or something.." he trails off almost looking shy.

i go to grab it and take it from his hands.

my fingers grazing his palm and it felt electrifying.

like a shock ran through my veins.

"t..thank you sharky." i mumble with gratitude his name sounding like butter.

he tucked his bottom lip under his top one and nodded his head.

"no worries."

and that was it, that was all he said.