21. I am back and I don't have good news

"Ashely, can you come in, I need you for one thing." - She called our from in front of Ashley's office doors before Elena unlocked her own. She got in, putting down the bags. Minutes later Ashley walked in. "I'm here. Is something wrong?" - She asked.

"I think it may be a little too big for a five year old, but it will do just fine." - Elena turned to her showing the Ferrari shirt with Charles' number on the back, and signature above it. Ashley's mouth slightly opened in shock as she approached.

"What- Elena. How did you get it? Where? I can't take it if it's yours." - Ashley protested. Elena shook her head. "Don't worry about any of those questions. But I don't have only shirt, I brought a cap as well. It has the signature of both Carols and Charles." - Elena explained as Ashley only accepted it in her hands while Elena placed it.

"I bough a nice bag as well. Wish your son a happy birthday but don't tell it's from me." - Elena finished as Ashley just stared at it in her hands. "Elena, I can't do that. Its already too much you got this and I don't even know how-"

"Don't worry about it. You wanted to get it for him and I just happened to help you along the way." - Elena assured her as Ashley, without thinking, pulled her in a hug. "You have no idea how much this means both to me and especially what it will mean to him." - Ashley talked before they pulled away from a hug.

"You are just confirming my thoughts, you really are better than the last one." - Elena laughed at Ashley's tone before they both went off to their work for the day.

Elena actually stole a signature from Carols this morning when he drove Isa to her place. Isa needed to take the dress from Elena as she promised she would give her for the wedding. And today when she comes home, Charles will be moved in, officially living there.

She would lie if she would say she didn't think about life with him for the whole day. How they would have breakfasts and dinners together. When he is home, though. He is leaving tomorrow afternoon and he won't be back until the Monday after British GP. As Isa told her there is pause between Silverstone and Hungary so that's when he'll be home again.

...

"Oh, you're back!" - Charles said with enthusiasm heard in his voice. Elena immediately smiled at him before they pressed their lips together. "I am back and I don't have good news." - Her smile faded away and so did his. "What's wrong?" - He asked looking in her eyes trying to find an answer.

"My parents called on my way home. They will be here in an hour." - She announced as he stayed silent, not knowing the situation from her point of view. He knew she didn't talk about her parents so dearly, or in any way. "Do you want me to leave you with them-" - He started before she interrupted him. "No I don't want you to go, Charles. The sooner they find out the better. I just..." - She sighed collecting her thoughts.

"I just don't want their words to hurt you in any way. They can be pretty harsh sometimes. Especially to someone who is closely connected to me. I don't want you to feel bad because of them." - Elena finished as he pulled his arms around her and tightened the grip around her body.

"Don't worry. I took more than you think. I am pretty sure I can survive strict parents." - He assured her. But to Elena, they weren't just strict parents. They were overprotective, strict, and harsh parents. Every time Elena would do something wrong or embarrassing, they would make sure she sees the hurtful side of it. The easy way doesn't exist to them. And that's what she was scared about. But she also knew she was ready to defend Charles.

...

"Mom, dad... welcome in." - Elena put on a smile before hugging her mother as they stepped in with flat smiles on their faces. "How have you been?" - Her father asked her as they walked through the apartment. Elena's heart was beating hundred miles an hour and she couldn't calm it down.