22. Tears of a Unicorn

"What's that dunk?" Vaera questioned wrapping her arms around him. 

"Daddy is losing his mind." AJ decided. 

"Why?" vaera chuckled back. Davina held out the vial and Vaera took it from her curiously. "What is it?" Vaera pondered. 

"Tears of a unicorn." Dunk answered. Vaera held it up and the water did sparkle a little bit. Dunk winked back at her.

"Okay we all know unicorns are real but you are telling me someone found one bottled their tears?" Davina questioned shaking her head. "That's far fetched."

"That is a big far fetched." Vaera agreed. "Dunk my love where did you find a unicorn?" 

"I didnt find it unfortunately, love." Dunk corrected. "Bought that from a vendor in town... for Davina." 

"That was so nice of daddy." Vaera offered. Davina grabbed the unicorn tears and stared down at it in debate. 

"Was this how you got mommy to fall in love with you?" AJ questioned. 

"Yes." Dunk agreed. 

"It is not." Vaera corrected. "Your daddy stole your uncle Egg and I was-"

"Worry wort." Dunk coughed out and Vaera send a fist to his stomach, he doubled over slightly, a pained grin on his face. "Ow." He said pulling her closer. 

"You were worried about uncle Egg? But he's like the best knight ever." Davina reminded them. 

"And I train him." Dunk agreed. "Making me..." He prompted but Davina didnt take the bait. 

"A teacher." Davina offered. 

"I trained your uncle Egg, the best knight ever which would mean..." Dunk tried again. 

"Back to the story." Vaera countered. "Once I found Egg, I looked to DUnk and thought what the heck, he stole my baby brother, then UNcle Egg told me what happened and I fell in love with your daddy." Vaera remarked. "The end." Vaera looked to DUnk as he kissed her. 

"What are unicorn tears supposed to do?" Vaera pondered. Davina opened her mouth to answer before she realized she didnt know. 

"Daddy, what do unicorn tears do?" Davina agreed. 

"Well, you see..." Dunk hesitated. "Were were going to make cookies right?"

"We were talking about this!" Davina waved the vial around. AJ chuckled grabbing it. 

"Maybe it makes your pee sparkle." AJ offered. 

"Gross I dont look in the chamber pot." Davina corrected. 

"If we put a dash of this in the cookie batter it will make them extra delicious." Dunk offered. 

"WOrth a shot." Davina agreed. She got a bowl out and Vaera started gathering ingredients. Once a few eggs, some churned butter and a cup of flour were in Davina pulled the cork of the vial and debated how much to put in. "These better be the best cookies of my life!" Davina demanded dumping the vial out. Vaera looked as the sparky water blended in with the flour. Vaera looked to Dunk and he nodded. 

"Lets make them the size of your head." Dunk decided. 

"AWESOME!" The kids shouted jumping up and down. 

"You are basically a big kid." Vaera remarked as they started rolling the dough. Dunk smiled down at her. 

"Careful Dav, its hot!" AJ corrected when she moved to fire for the cookies to bake. 

"I'm a dragon!" Davina corrected. "I like fire!"

"You are also part of my fireless bloodline Dav." Dunk reminded her. 

"But we took mama's name." Davina reminded him. 

"Listen to your brother and father, Dav." Vaera assured. "I dont want you getting hurt." 

"Are they done yet?" Davina asked a moment later. 

"Not yet." Dunk corrected. He lifted Vaera onto the counter, kissing her, her legs wrapped around him holding him closer. 

"Are they done yet?" Davina asked again. 

"Not yet." Dunk repeated between kisses. Vaera smiled tipping her head back. 

"Are they done yet?" Davina begged. 

"I can answer this daddy." AJ assured. "Not yet, Dav." She grumbled out throwing her hands up in the air. 

"But we have been waiting for an eternity!" Davina demanded. "I can't remember the last time I ate! I think I'm going into shock! I think my body is shutting down! Am I dying!" Davina demanded. Vaera rolled her eyes. 

"Almost done, count to one hundred." Vaera instructed. 

"One, two, three, four, five, six... hey." Davina demanded. "You know I can't count that high yet." vaera chuckled tipping her head into Dunk to hide her grinning face. "Mama thats mean!" 

"I will help you, Dav." AJ assured. "Ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen- do we really have to count to a hundred? That sounds like a lot." AJ agreed with Davina. 

There was a knock at the door pulling DUnk away, vaera grumbled reaching for him. 

"Coming!" Dunk shouted.

"Lets check those cookies." Vaera agreed carefully getting them out. 

 "Raymun!" Dunk declared. 

"Hug me brother!" Raymun declared opening his arms for Dunk. "Gods its good to see you but where is Vaera?"

"I know who the favorite is." Dunk assured. Vaera wiped her hands off as she moved to the door. 

"Raymun!" Vaera coed. 

"Vaera gorgeous! I missed you." Raymun hugged her. "I got toys for the littles too." Raymun added. 

"You are so sweet," Vaera remarked leading him in. "Dav, AJ, uncle Raymun is here." 

"LOOK!" Davina demanded holding up her cookie. 

"Thats the largest cookie I have ever seen!" Raymun declared. 

"It's a magical cookie." Davina informed him taking a bite. 

"Magical you say?" Raymun broke off a piece of her cookie taking a bite. "It's certainly delicious." 

"It has tears of a unicorn in it." AJ informed him. Raymun swallowed thickly as he looked to Vaera and Dunk. 

"I know what you are thinking." Davina assured. "I thought it too. Who would bottle up a unicorns tears. It seems crazy but look at the size of this cookie! Magical!" Vaera chuckled. 

"They forgot already that they made the cookies that large?" Vaera whispered into Dunk's chest. 

"Hush, I'm the best father in the world now." Dunk reminded her. 

"You already were." Vaera countered.  "I'm so glad you claimed my willing heart Dunk. There is no other man for me but you."