chapter sixteen

Taylor's POV

' Mum can I just say I'm done with life? ' Tessa sighed. I crept behind her back and hugged her tight.

' Please don't say such thing, how will Taylor Swift ever live without her beautiful daughter? ' I kissed her cheek and messed her hair.

' I'm stuck with these crutches for 3 whole months. I'm going to miss a lot of netball matches ' she sighed again then sat on the sofa. ' To be honest, I still can't believe that I'm your daughter '.

' And what makes you say that? ' I asked.

' You know, I'm not even beautiful and you're America's sweetheart, a world class singer. Everybody hates me being your daughter. They say I don't deserve all this ' she replied.

' Tessa you don't have to listen to the stupid media. I love you and I love you so much. There's no denial in that. So look, do you wanna sing to me the song that you had in mind? ' I sat crossed leg across her and she slowly nodded.

About two months later, incredibly, my whole album was finished. Even with the bonus tracks I wrote when I was free. When you're out of ideas to create a new music, there will always be something that cross your mind when you force it. Ideas come when you need them and when you don't. That is why I love songwriting because each time I create new songs, I play with different emotions, sounds, rhythms, and melodies. My 1989 album is the best to me because I finally became a true pop artist.

A song called Clean was created on my collaboration with Tessa.

Harry was always there when I needed him or not. He was the one who picked Tessa from school whenever I was busy at the studio.

My phone buzzed and I took it out of my pocket. It was Ellen.

T: Hey! Ellen! It's been a long time!

E: Hey, Taylor! So actually I want to ask if you're free for an episode on my show?

T: I'm busy with my upcoming album but I think there's always time for you. I think I'll be free this weekend

E: That's fantastic! Oh before I forgot, we'd also like to have your daughter on the show. What do you say?

T: I think there won't be any problem, Ellen! So, I'll see you soon, then?

E: Yeah, soon!

' Mom who was that? ' Tessa came up and sat next to me. I smiled and answered, ' It was Ellen '. Tessa made a humph then turned on the television. She switched to Grey's Anatomy.

' I'm bringing you to her show ' I said. Tessa instantly turned and stared at me, perplexed.

' Wait who agreed? ' her eyes blinked hard.

' Who agreed? Of course it's me ' I replied. Tessa groaned.

' You always make your own decision. You're selfish, mom. Selfish. I need to get a say in sone things too ' Tessa left the TV on and walked towards her room, banging the door shut.

I sighed then took a deep breath. Tessa was getting even more fragile each day. I was out of ways to keep her moods high.

I knocked on her door. ' Just go away ' was all I got as a reply. Ignoring her, I turned the doorknob and went in. Her glasses were on and she was reading a book at the table.

' What else do you want? ' we both asked each other. There was an awkward silence before I decided to break it.

' Look, I'm sorry- '