chapter seven

Taylor's POV

What I did with the proposal? Of course I said yes. 

We opened up some champagne for the night -which obviously weren't mine- to celebrate while Tessa only watch and drink lemonade. I only took a sip as I was not really that much of a drinker. Karlie and Ed were about to fill like, their fifteenth glass when I grabbed the bottle from their grips.

' Enough already.  I can't stand this. I'm so sorry but you guys have to go home ' I commanded but then Ed's arms flew around my neck.

' Let me have the last round, please? '  he begged, drunk. Of course I told him no. It was over his drinking limits.

' You're not even sober to drive back home. I think the best way is for you guys to have a night here ' I said even though I did not like the idea of having two drunk people in my house. Ed grinned widely when I said that but it disappeared as soon as I finish off my sentence.

' You, in the living room ' .

' Karlie, you can sleep in Tessa's room. I'll ask her to sleep with me ' I instructed then had to drag her all the way. She could not even walk straight. That is why I hate being drunk. You just lose control of yourself and I do not want that.

When I walked into Tessa's room, she was already sleeping. I did not want to wake her but I could not stand a drunk Karlie. I asked Karlie to wait for a moment then she sat on the floor, mumbling nonsense. 

' Tessa ? ' I shook her gently. She writhed and her hand hit my face. I tried every possible way to wake her up but she was not showing any signs of waking up.  Without having any thoughts I lifted her and tried to be strong as long as I could. 

It took me 3 minutes to reach my room. She was not heavy but I was weak. I almost gave up but then I pushed her for the final time to get her on the bed. I was already hyperventilating by then. I was too tired, too weak to even walk up to my bed which was right beside me. My eyes slowly closed and I fell asleep right on the floor.

___

' Mom? ' I heard someone call me and I knew it was Tessa. Who else would call me mom, anyway? I groaned softly. She put her hands on my shoulders then dragged me up to make me sit. She sighed,  looking at me.

' Why are you sleeping on the floor? And why was I in your bed? ' she asked and I shrugged a reply. I knew she was mad because I just got out of the hospital and I so needed a good rest.

' You are sick, mom ' she grumbled after tucking me in my bed. I felt very sore. I hate being sick. I would not be able to do my daily routine. My head throbbed wildly.

' Tessa '.

' Mhmm? 'she was finally done tying her hair into a high ponytail then faced me. Horror spread on her face as soon as she saw my pale face.

' Be right back '.

A few seconds after, she came in,  with a bagful of my medicine. I whined and hid inside the duvet. I did not want to eat it. ' Mom you're as pale as shit.  Pale as shit ' she swore, then passed me the ones that I had to eat in the morning.

' Tessa I said no swearing! ' I started to raise my voice, too fed up with her. She went silent for a moment then apologized unwillingly.

' I have to go, mom. Tell Jack to keep at least 3 Meters from me. Any nearer I won't be heading to school. I don't want people to pick on me for having a bodyguard ' she said then kissed my forehead. I grabbed my phone and gripped it, so that I would not forget to remind him.

' Sorry for swearing, by the way ' she said. 

' I mean it '. Gosh she was so beautiful.  She had blue eyes, but she is bipolar. We had them checked a few weeks before because it started changing to brown. So her eyes could change color and it is hard to have them be the piercing blue like the first time I saw her. If she had them then,she would look as if she was my real biological daughter.