jacket

[name]'s pov

his jacket folded neatly and tucked safely into a paper bag, you made your way to school. the jacket had been washed and dried thrice for good measure, despite your reluctance for his cologne to be washed off it. humming a tune, you strolled briskly in the streets, the wind caressing your cheeks and blowing your hair in all directions. checking your watch, you quickened your pace. you were running late for school. much later than usual.

familiar voices sounded.

"you totally like the vice head prefect!"

"childe, can you like shut the fuck up? you are absolutely insufferable. i hope you die in a ditch because nobody would miss you nor even notice your existence."

turning around, your [eye colour] eyes were met with indigo and azure blue ones. "yo, comrade!" the ginger enthusiastically waved, smiling. "you're not usually this late," scaramouche remarked, looking quizzically at you as if expecting an explanation.

"ah, I woke up late today," you explained, running a hand through loose hair. "we should hurry up before we're late," continuing without looking at the duo, you ran off, trying to minimise eye contact with them. after all, it was awkward talking to them considering their earlier conversation. 

childe's pov

the two of us simply nodded as i chose to ignore the girl's questionable behaviour. scaramouche, however, was puzzled. "hah, what's with her today?" he pondered, sighing out loud. that gave me a clue. he was concerned about her? craning my neck to look intently at what the girl was holding in her bag, my eyes widened in satisfaction. his jacket? why not give it to him? but this worked in my favour. i can use this to... motivate my dear friend a bit.

ill just tweak the story a bit. oho, this would be interesting.

"oh, wait! i just realised. she's carrying a shopping bag. maybe it's a gift for her boyfriend or something?" i added. scaramouche, hearing that, froze. swallowing hard, he stared at me with a harsh gaze, his fists clenched. "she has a boyfriend?" 

the gears in my head were turning. should i lie, or should i tell him i was kidding? i suppose... let me play matchmaker. "yep, she has a boyfriend. she didn't tell you? ah, she must not be close enough to tell you," i smirk, looking pitifully at scaramouche. knowing that boy's personality, he'd go to any extent to prove me wrong. 

it was certainly annoying. the stubborn boy clearly liked her, no? why was he dragging this out? and her... well, she's an interesting character. she is someone I'll look into. 

"fuck you, you ginger-haired bitch," scaramouche hissed, storming off. 

a sly grin playing on my lips, i looked away into the distance. how long will this take, for scaramouche to finally goddamned clear that stubborn mind of his and just confess already?