"Cool."

"Colby." The firm, straight-forward route wasn't working out. Unsure of what else to do, I shuffled higher up his body and leaned in close, drawing his gaze to my face. "Everyone else is asleep, you don't have to act like this. Talk to me properly or I'll just let myself suffer downstairs on the couch today."

He rolled his eyes. "I don't like it, that's all I can say. Why does it matter, anyway?"

"It doesn't," I agreed, "but you're clearly upset about it."

"Yeah."

Looking at him, I could tell he was hurt, and that was bothering me. I didn't want him to feel this way, especially when he had no reason to, so I decided to skip the talking part. Leaning down, I pressed my lips to his neck just under his jaw, catching him off-guard. His body jolted at our contact as I trailed lower.

"Amir-"

"No," I interrupted. I'd kissed back up to his cheek and pulled back enough to see his eyes. "Whether we like it or not, Colby, we're the only one for each other. There's no one else for either of us. We could survive without each other, but wouldn't you agree..." I easily slid my leg over his hips so I was straddling him, holding myself up as my eyes trailed down his body. "... that having someone would be better?"

He seemed actually conflicted, but the moment I took the leap of kissing him, there were hands on my hips and a gentle groan that sent a chill down my form. I could feel him beneath me slowly hardening as our lips worked together in sync. I shifted to one hand so I could run my nails lightly over his chest, down to his stomach between us. On my way back up, he surged upward, settling me on his lap.

He wound his hands up my sides — the curve of my waist and grazing just a thumb against my breasts. I had my fingers in his hair by now, rocking gently with my hips into him. I wanted to reach down and touch him but before I could even consider it, he wrapped his arms around me and fell backward. I caught myself on my forearms either side of his head, panting slightly as I looked down at him.

I decided to rid of my shirt instantly, then shift away to take off my underwear this time than let him snap it. As I was about to place myself back on his waist, he grabbed my thighs and dragged me upward so fast I didn't have time to stop him. My hands clasped around the headboard before I realised I was sitting on his face, and his tongue slid out to swipe up my folds. I squeaked in surprise, pleasure, confusion — not even I knew. Clutching the headboard while he held me still on top of him, I tried to hold in my moans.

His tongue was far too powerful for his own good. This time, the need to squish his head between my legs was far greater than before, not to mention actually dangerous. Even as a vampire, I didn't want to end up temporarily killing him again.

But he was too good at this. Every flick on my clit, every tease at my entrance, it was sending me over the edge faster than the rate of a goddamn teenager. I couldn't hold back.

When I convulsed on top of him, almost shaking from the effort of keeping my legs in place and not inside of his skull, he dragged me back down. I only made it as far as his waist, as he leaned up to press kisses to my stomach and in my cleavage, then magically found that sweet spot again.

I managed to pry him away, shifting off of him so I was sitting to the side. The sight of him was mouthwatering. His sweatpants had been dishevelled, pulled down slightly on one side so I could see his v-line, his hair was messy, his eyes were purpleish.

We may have had sex for the first time this evening, but I needed him all over again.

He worked with me to remove his sweatpants and underwear, and I draped a leg across him so I was hovering. Leaning down to kiss him, I felt his tip at my entrance and carelessly slid down onto him. He breathed out heavily into my mouth, surprised seemingly, and gripped my hips so hard I knew there would be more bruises.