Ch. 13: Cheer Conundrum

Start from the beginning

"You'll only have one opportunity to be a high school cheerleader...how many times have you modeled across the world?"

I look at my brother, taking in his words as Cory nods beside him. The curly haired boy is too busy stuffing his face with popcorn to speak on the subject. I look down, nodding before continuing towards my car.

——

"Those were great! We'll send them to the editor in the morning....go ahead and take a break before we move onto the next outfit and set!"

The photographer smiles, moving towards his office while his assistant follows. Vivian smiles at me, handing me my jacket as I sit down on the chair I was previously posing on.

"What's up, kid?"

"Nothing..."

"Oh please..." Vivian pulls up her own chair, sitting beside me while letting out a sigh. "You can't pull that crap with me. Tell me what's bothering you..."

I sigh, looking down at my hands as she leans towards me. Her eyes stay one me, staring through my soul as I finally bring myself to say anything.

"I want to be a cheerleader..."

"What?"

"I want to join my high school cheer team. I got offered a permanent spot, but most of the games and practices will interfere with my work schedule..."

"What a conundrum..."

I nod, exhaling as she brushes a strand of my hair behind my ear. A smile makes its way onto her face. I give her a confused look as it grows, matching the joker or the mad hatter.

"What if I told you....that we don't have to have you the weekends?"

"Are you dropping me?"

"No!" I relax, looking at her as she tries to explain. "It'll be more like...'we don't have as much scheduled for you so we can let you have a normal life'...until your winter break."

I smile forms on my face until I catch her last few words. My smile drops as I look up at her, gulping. Vivian looks at me, her smile dripping as she sees my own worry.

"Why don't you look happy?"

"I wanted to spend Christmas with Shawn this year..."

"You still can! Christmas and Christmas Eve are off limits..."

"They are?"

"Yes. I made sure they were when we were drawing up the new contract.."

Now the happiness is too much, my smile coming back full force. I throw my arms around her neck, pulling her into a tight hug as she laughs. She taps my back, sighing as I grip her for dear life.

"Your spring break won't be though..."

"That's okay..."

I sigh, pulling back with an untamable smile. The photographer comes back, a smile on his own face Ashe holds up the camera. Vivian and I both stand, my jacket coming off immediately as he looks at me.

"Okay..this time I want more emph! Okay?"

I nod, standing still as his assistant touches up my makeup. She smiles at me before stepping back and allowing me to get into the first pose.

——

As soon as I'm back home, I call Samara and Stella's house phone. Their mom answers, sounding as sweet as she usually does.

"Hello?"

"Mrs. Sloan?"

"Yes?"

"Is any of your daughters home?"

"Uh...Stella is at violin lessons, Samara is at Chubbies, and Demi is...Here! Demi..."

"Hello?"

"Hey! Demi it's me, Stacy..."

"Oh hey! You calling about the squad?"

"Yeah. I talked to my agent and I've cleared everything up...I can take that position you wanted me to take!"

"Perfect! Okay...so practice is always Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday...unless we need to freshen up before a game...basketball games are usually on Thursday and football on Friday. We also have volleyball games and softball games, but most of those take place on Saturday and some of the girls are on those teams as well..."

I smile as she continues to explain, the cord to the phone twisting in my fingers. This new feeling is so foreign, the feeling of being normal with normal teen activities.

I like it...

——

A/N

She really just wants a somewhat normal life now lol

Anyways...

Drink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love
-the Author