t w e n t y - s e v e n

"The only thing wrong with being an atheist is that there's nobody to talk to during an orgasm."

I should feel satisfied. I should feel like I just achieved a great accomplishment. I made a plan, and had followed through with it.

I took the last piece of innocence he had left.

And yet, I felt like shit.

My reflection was quite unsightly from the previous night. My hair was knotted near the ends, and my makeup smeared underneath my eyes. I placed back on my underwear before entering the florescent-lit bathroom. I had managed to wake up before him as my mind wouldn't let me sleep much more than I should. In all honesty I was glad for this as I was hoping to take a shower before he had a chance to get a look at me.

That and I wasn't sure what to say to him.

I decided to start the shower and let it run, allowing the cool water to shift to warm. Going back to my reflection, I began to really take in myself. I looked different, yet it was so slight I couldn't describe what it was exactly.

Maybe it was the pigment of my skin. Maybe it was loss of weight in my cheeks. And maybe it was something else; something non-physical. Almost something of my aura, or some shit like that. No matter what it was, it was different and I could see myself the same.

The dull ache in between my legs was evident as I would move. This was very rare that the morning after ever had an effect on me. It didn't really surprise me though as Harry was a lot bigger than most the guys I've been with.

I watched as the door knob turned and in came a boxer-clad, bedhead Harry. His eyes squint at the bright light as he comes to stand behind me.

I watch through the mirror as he places his arms around my waist, and places his head on my shoulder. A lazy smile adorned his face followed by a large yawn.

"Hi," He slurs in a raspy voice.

I give a small smile and reply, "Hi."

His morning appearance was something I could get used to. His chocolate waves haphazard in a curly mess. His eyes still layered with a tired glaze, and his voice much deeper than regularly.

"How'd you sleep?" His arms completely surrounding my torso, pulling me into his. My body relaxing against his chest almost involuntarily.

"I slept well, it was really nice actually." I recall his warmth behind my nude body all night. Possibly one of the best nights rest I've gotten in a while, that is until my conscience decided to eat me alive. "And you? How do you feel?" I couldn't help but ask.

"I slept very well considering I had this beautiful girl with me all night, and I feel amazing. Stop worrying." He said kissing my cheek before releasing me and stripping of his boxers.

I cocked an eyebrow as I looked at him through the mirror questioning his actions. He just shrugged, pulling back the shower curtain, testing the temperature of the water. "Thought I'd join you."

I rolled my eyes before moving towards him. I turned around once I got closer and moved my hair over to one shoulder. "Could you get me?" I asked.

I felt his hands come up to the strap of my bra, and unhook it. His hands guided it down past my shoulders and to my upper arms. I released my hair and let it fall off my torso, soon ridding myself of my underwear as well.

I turned around to face him again, his eyes exploring my body. Not in a devouring kind of stare though. A wondrous stare, a kind that keeps looking for new surprises. New treasures.