Éponine- Y/n Javert

Éponine hustled through the streets away from Marius who was digging his nose into things that didn’t concern him when she collided with something.

She looked down to spot a girl, she was pretty with h/c hair that she wore in loose curls and big e/c eyes that matched her f/c dress and blue bonnet perfectly.

“I’m sorry,” Éponine found herself apologising to the girl as she helped her up.

“It’s quite alright,” the girl smiled.

“Y/N! Come on!” a man with grey hair and eyes called out to her.

“Coming Papa!” she cried and then she smiled at Éponine before rushing off and looping her arm through no other than Inspector Javert’s.

“ÉPONINE!” M. Thénardier called from their little den.

With no hope for any big part in the scheme Éponine was sent as watchdog to spot for police.

And it was quite fun.

Something had attracted her to the inspector’s daughter and what it was she wasn’t sure. She thought that she could have more to her than met the idea. Yet Éponine felt her cheeks heat up while thinking of her like they used to do when she observed Marius. Was she falling in love?

But the fumbling on the street got her attention and she noticed that the Javert girl was no longer with her father but sneakily handing francs to the poor who gathered around her like chickens. 

And she saw Javert approaching the Patron Minnette and that’s when she thought “CRAP”.

“I’m a con, just like you!” she heard her father inform, to put it politely, the man.

“It’s the police! Run for it! Disappear! It’s Javert!” she screamed.

“JAVERT!” echoed about the streets like a fire of fear.

As Éponine heard the chaos on the street her mind lingered over the girl. She was kind, very beautiful and probably highly educated from the look on her face.

Unfortunately Éponine didn’t get much longer to debate such matters as Marius was beside her.

“Éponine, who was that girl?” he asked her breathlessly.

“Some bourgeois two a penny thing,” Éponine said in response, having not even seen the girl.

And before the conversation was over Éponine was sent on a mission to find the girl.

And that she did. With a hurried look around Paris she found her and gave Marius her address. Then she knew she had to do something for her own love life.

She was going to have to tell the girl and she had prepared for heartbreak.

Inspector Javert’s house was one she knew but normally avoided but after seeing her, well! The whole situation had changed.

The house was big and old with beautiful gardens and no visitors.

Éponine approached it with caution and yet confidence. She was exhilarated. This was it!

But what if the girl didn’t want her?

But what if she did!

Éponine softly walked up to the gate which was rusting and to her delight she spotted the girl reading a book.

Éponine felt a smile land on her lips and she put both her hands on the gate and let her fingers snake around the metal bars before she accidentally pushed on them causing them to open.

And the girl spun around with her h/c hair flying around like a soft h/c cape.

“Hello?” her voice was like an angel’s and her eyes weren’t scared but full of curiosity.

“Hi,” Éponine whispered from the gate with her head up and her eyes smiling carefully.

“You’re the girl from the streets today!” she smiled beckoning the girl over to her.

“I am,” Éponine smiled.

“What’s your name?” she asked.

“Éponine,” she smiled again, happier than ever before.

“I’m y/n Javert,” the girl told her, holding her hand out to be shaken.

“It’s nice to meet you y/n,” Éponine said.

And I can state safely that that was the beginning of a very happy relationship between Y/n and Éponine.

A/n
Hello! For your information I have an Enjolras one coming soon I just need to pen the last few words, it'll be out tonight or tomorrow morning:)
Requests are open:)
Maeve