Part 2: Rejection

"So, Master Gabriel is gone?" The last thing Nooroo remembered was Gabriel taking the Ladybug and Black Cat Miraculous from Ladybug. Just now, a young girl had put on the Butterfly Miraculous, making him visible to her. However, he was struggling to come to terms with this realisation.

"That's right, Nooroo." Lila smiled down at the kwami in her hand. "He's gone now. He got Ladybug and Cat Noir's Miraculous."

"And he used his life as forfeit? He said he was willing, but I never thought he would actually sacrifice himself." Nooroo was feeling conflicted. On the one hand, he was happy that he was now free, but also sad for Adrien who was no doubt struggling with this development. He also felt confused about being happy that someone had died. Did that make him a bad individual?

"So Nooroo, what now?" Lila was interested in what this little creature would do now that its old master was gone.

"Well, the owner of the Miraculous is the master of its kwami. Since you own the Butterfly Miraculous, you are my new master."

"Really? And what does that entail?"

"I am the kwami of Transmission. When transformed, you can sense people's emotions and turn them into superpowered individuals." Nooroo didn't like the way his new master was looking at him, but he put his reservations aside. Surely she couldn't be worse than his old master, right?

"Really? That's so cool." Lila smiled to herself, already scheming. "And how do I transform?"

"All you have to do is say, 'Dark Wings Rise' and-"

"Dark wings rise?" Lila said the words, not fully understanding their weight. Immediately, Nooroo was sucked into the Butterfly Miraculous, his power spreading her body. A purple glow spread up her body and arms, wrapping her body in a skintight suit with alternating shades of purple. A butterfly mask encompassed her face whilst a cane materialised in her right hand.

 A butterfly mask encompassed her face whilst a cane materialised in her right hand

Credit to Artemis.miraculous on Instagram

"Whoa. This is incredible." Lila looked at herself, at her new supersuit. She could feel the raw power that resided within her and the Miraculous. But she hadn't expected the wave of emotions that hit her. Gabriel had had time to adjust to the Miraculous and its powers, allowing him control over the emotions of others. Lila had not been warned of this power and thus was hit with its full force.

She was immediately overwhelmed by the sensations she felt. She felt the anger of a man stuck in traffic, the betrayal of a wife who has just found her cheating husband with another woman, and the love of a high school sweetheart crushed by her boyfriend's rejection text. It was too much for her to handle. She passed out, automatically detransforming and releasing Nooroo from his prison. Because that's what this was. A new prison.

When a Miraculous wielder transforms, they fuse with their kwami. The gem acts as a conduit for their incredible power and allows them to use their powers without repercussions. However, this fusion allows the kwami to see into their master's mind, to access their innermost dreams and desires. And Nooroo was mortified. His previous master had been cruel, and exceptionally ruthless. However, he wasn't a completely evil person. His motives were... somewhat pure, and he never went too far. This girl... she was something else. There wasn't a single kind thought in her head. The only thing she was thinking about was revenge. Revenge on the girl Marinette Dupain-Cheng, by any means necessary.