She took a sip of her water, her thoughts a swirl of conflicting emotions. The decision to distance herself from those she once knew well felt necessary for her own healing, yet it came at the cost of the connections she had cherished. With a sigh, she continued to observe the paddock, grappling with the complexities of her past and the path she had chosen to forge ahead.

As Alexandra's thoughts swirled, the atmosphere around her seemed to shift. Familiar laughter drifted towards her from the side of the paddock, causing her to tense up. A sense of dread washed over her as she realized the source of the laughter – James.

Her heart raced as James emerged into her view, accompanied by another F2 racer. She watched in paralyzed apprehension as he paused upon spotting her, the connection between them momentarily frozen in time. With a mumbled excuse, his companion walked away, leaving James standing there, torn between his own emotions and the impulse to approach her.

Silence hung heavy in the air as James pondered his next move, his gaze fixed on his sister. Uncertainty flickered across his features, mirroring the complexity of the situation. The decision seemed to weigh heavily on him as if he was navigating a maze of emotions and choices.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, Alexandra offered a silent gesture, a beckoning movement that cut through the tension. James took a hesitant step forward, his movements cautious as he approached the table. He took a seat opposite her, the space between them brimming with a lifetime of history, both joyous and painful.

Alexandra's sunglasses were perched low on her nose, allowing James a glimpse of her eyes. He watched as her body trembled ever so slightly, a subtle sign of the fear that still gripped her. Seeing her vulnerability, his heart ached, a potent mixture of regret, guilt, and a deep desire to mend what was broken.

They remained locked in silence, the distance between them filled with unspoken words and unresolved emotions. As Alexandra's gaze met James's, the fractures of their relationship were painfully visible, a testament to the wounds that had yet to heal. At that moment, as her shivers betrayed her silent fear, James's resolve wavered, and the weight of his own remorse bore down upon him once again.

The silence was heavy, a tangible force that enveloped them both. Alexandra's voice was barely more than a whisper, choked with emotion, as she finally broke the quiet with a question that hung heavy in the air. "How... how are you, James?"

His initial response was a firm attempt at reassurance, his voice steady, but the weight of his emotions made his words falter. His gaze dropped for a moment, battling the emotions that surged within him. Then, as if shifting the focus away from himself, he spoke, his voice gaining more stability as he diverted the conversation. "I've been watching your movies and interviews. You're... you're an incredible actress."

A small smile of gratitude curved on her lips, and she thanked him softly, her eyes momentarily meeting his before skittering away. She, too, had her own shield to bear, an armor she used to protect herself from the past.

As they exchanged words, the tension in the air was palpable, heavy with unspoken truths. He mentioned keeping up with her races, noticing the absence of affirmation that she had watched them. It was a quiet realization of her struggle, of her inability to face the world he inhabited. He understood the depth of her pain, how hard it was for her to reconcile with the brother who had once been her hero.

He ventured to offer her an out, suggesting that he could step aside from the weekend if it would help her find peace. The option hung in the air, his willingness to sacrifice his own aspirations evident. She considered it, the weight of the choice evident on her face, before she finally responded, her words tinged with a mix of courage and vulnerability. "No, don't. I'm trying... I'm trying my best to move on."