Chapter Twenty-three: Washington DC

Start from the beginning

Two-bit put the key in the gear shift, and we drove off, along with the others behind us.

"How far until we are at the airport?" I asked.

"Another ten minutes." Two-bit replied. "Just got to make sure we avoid any traffic."

Johnny rolled his eyes. "What are you gonna do? Jump the car on the highway bridge?"

Two-bit sneered. "Don't play with me, Johnny cake."

"Anywho." I replied. "It feels so nice to be going to Washington DC. I haven't been there since I was three. But, I don't remember most of it."

"That's because you were an little kid." Dallas teased.

"So were you." I replied quick without hesitation.

"Damn it." Dallas hissed.

Tulsa Airport
11:07 am.

We arrived at the airport, the same one we went to first time and it looked exactly as it did before.

We all walked in with our luggage and we had our passports checked. The same lady who was afraid of Dallas the first time was still there, and she just let him and the rest of us go to our plane without getting cops involved.

"What's your seat number?" Soda asked Johnny.

"Number A7." Johnny replied.

"You'll be next to me, Johnny cake. I'm Number A8." Soda replied happily.

"What's your seat number Riley?" Two bit asked.

"A12." I replied.

"Mine is A11." Dallas responded.

"Steve is in B3 and Darryl is in B5. So they're on the other side." I said.

"Alright." Two-bit grinned. "Let's sit down before we end up sliding."

We all sat down on our seats, and the pilot announced it will be taking off in five minutes.

"I'm itching for Washington." Soda replied. "Think about all the nice activities they do there."

"It would be fun, Definitely." I smiled. "And of course it will be."

The plane started to take off in the air, and we were traveling in the sky once more.

"Patty cake, patty cake. Baker's man." Soda and Two-bit said.

Not even ten minutes into the flight, I started to feel an little queasy. I didn't say nothing because they couldn't stop the plane in the middle of the air, where the next stop is not for another two hundred miles.

Dallas looked at me, and he gently lift my chin up facing him. He noticed it. "You doing good, babe?" He asked.

"Yeah- I think I'mma little tired." I sighed.
All of an sudden, I started to slip off, and all the boys noticed it. Dallas ended up pulling me back, and made sure not to remove his arms from me.

"Riley." Johnny replied. "Are you alright?"

"I, I think so." I sighed.

"You sure?" Dallas asked. "I had to pull you back up to avoid you hitting your head."

"I think I'm a little tired, that's all." I replied.

Dallas gave me the remorseful look like I was lying, but he didn't ask because he didn't want to ruin the rest of the trip.

~Fifteen minutes later~

We arrived at the airport in Washington DC, and oh my world it was huge.

As we walked out, the hotel was right across the street, so we didn't need an taxi or loaning an car. The hotel was called Washington Fair Heights. Kind of sounded like that hotel back in NYC.

It only took us six minutes to walk from the airport to the hotel. As soon as we had entered, it was an dazzle of gleaming green and mint blue teapot drawings on the wallpapers.

We walked to the receptionist desk, and there was an young girl with one blue eye, and one green eye. She had long blonde hair down to her back. She had brown freckles on her tan skin, she wore an orange dress with blue roses on it, and white shoes. She reminded me as one of those stunning girls who could be an model, but would rather keep an personal life.

"Do you work here?" I asked.

She giggled. "I do."

"Pardon me." Steve replied. "I don't disrespect your line of work, but you kind of seem young."

"I am." She giggled.

"How old are you anyway?" Darryl asked.

"I'm fifteen years old." She said shyly.

"Fifteen?" I squealed an little bit. "That's so cute."

"Uh, thanks." She replied. "Can I get y'all your rooms?"

"Of course." Two-bit replied.

"How many rooms?" She asked.

Four." I said.

"Alright." She replied. She bend down to get the keys from behind the desk, and Soda was looking at her.

"Here you go." She said as she gave us the keys. "Your rooms are room E15 and E18. They're right across from each other."

As we walked towards our rooms, I noticed Soda was still looking at her again, Steve was starting to look at her too, but I think he changed his mind quickly, and turned away because he was thinking of Meghan from New York.

When we got to our rooms, we had to decide which four goes in which room.

"Alright, who's going to E15?" Soda asked.

"Darryl, Two-bit, Steve, and Ponyboy." Soda said.

"Alright." I replied. "So that means, it's me, Soda, Dallas and Johnny in E18."

"Yup." Darryl said. "Let's get situated and we can think about what to do throughout the day."

So we all went into our hotel rooms and started to settle in.

I was unpacking, and suddenly I felt queasy.

"So, what should we do?" Soda asked.

I immediately ran to the bathroom, feeling sick. I closed the door, and I puked.

"Riley?" They all asked.

"Let me go check on her." Soda said.