Chapter Fifteen: Spring Break and Homework pt.2

April 3rd, 1967

Principal Resfiro's Office:

"Now, how did this situation happen?" Principal Resfiro asked.

"It started with ponytail over here, tryna to think he could be slick and hook up with my girl." Dallas said as he glared at him again.

"Okay." Principal Resfiro said. "You do know, you usually end up being expelled for an week during the school year whenever someone starts up an fight and hits someone."

"Haha, yes!" Rodger giggled.

"Hold it." Principal Resfiro said. "Because it's Spring Break, I decided that's enough space for you to think about what you done and come back relaxed. I don't want to see no more fighting between you two when we come back."

"But- Rodger sighed.

"No buts." Principal Resfiro said. "Either you come back relaxed, or say hello to discpline manner school."

"I agree on the consequences." Dallas said.

"Very good, Winston." Principal Resfiro replied. "What about you Rodger?"

"Fine." Rodger sighed.

"You two may go now." Principal Resfiro sighed.

Dallas and Rodger had left the nurse's office.

"Oy, those boys are gonna kill each other one day." Principal Resfiro sighed.

Hallways:

"What did Resfiro say to you?" I asked as me and Dallas walked out of the school building.

"He told me to cool off during the break." Dallas said.

"Oh, he did?" I asked. "Well, that's better than being suspended during a week of school."

"I guess so." Dallas sighed as he opened the car door for me.

He closed it behind me, and walked over to the other door and came inside the car.

"Dallas, you sure you okay?" I asked. "You look tense."

"I don't know, babe." He replied. "Let's just go home."

"Alright." I replied.

To be continued...