✦ First kiss ✦ (todoroki x reader)

◤━━━━━━━━━━━◥

it was a late evening in winter, and you and your best friend were walking down a path in a park, the trees along the path had fairy lights hung from one to another, lighting the walkway up. it was peaceful, it always was when you were with shoto. 

you had met on the first day and you immediately asked to be his friend, which he declined. it went on and you kept bothering him every single day until finally he agreed to have lunch with you. since, it's been shoto who follows you around 24/7 like a lost puppy. what can i say? he admires you, everything about you from your personality that's the opposite of his, to your quirk and strength. now you were both in your third year at ua, closer than ever.

though shotos admiration wasn't just friendly, he often found himself staring at you or missing you, when he questioned midoriya about this the green haired boy just laughed and told him he probably had a crush on you, and it's been on the half and half boy's mind for a while.

"hey sho, you alright? you're quiet today, well, you're always quiet. but you're quieter than usual. what's up?" you asked, noticing your friend had been zoning out.

"nothing, i'm fine." he replied, looking at you for a moment before looking at his feet to avoid getting butterflies.

"pfft, cmon. i'm not stupid, what's on your mind pretty boy?" you persuaded, using the nickname that you used to tease him. since all the girls thought he was good looking, which he is, you knew that. t̶h̶a̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶y̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶.̶

shoto slightly smiled, you knew him so well. "how do you know when you like someone?" he paused and gulped. "more than just a friend, more as a romantic partner." he clarified.

your heart slightly sunk. he liked someone? you always had a teensy little crush on the hot'n'cold boy but suppressed it as you knew he was too set on becoming a hero, just as you were. "oh? shoto todoroki has a crush?" you implied, forcing a teasing smirk as you looked at his red face. 

"um, yeah, you could say that." he said, shocked at himself for stuttering. 

"lucky for you, you've come to the right person. i happen to know ALL about romance and loveee~" you bragged dramatically, pressing down the disappointment feeling in your stomach.

"i thought you said you had never been involved in a relationship before? if i remember correctly, you said you'd 'die alone'." shoto reminded you absently mindedly, your jaw dropped. 

'SHOTO? how could you be so mean?" you sulked, leaning your head back and frowning. shoto began to panic, thinking he upset you without meaning to.

"sorry, i didn't mean it like that. and don't bend your neck like that y/n, you'll injure yourself." he told you, placing his hand on the back of your head making your heart skip a beat.

"hmph. well, if you wanna know if you 'like' someone shoto, you gotta know the signs. how do you feel around this certain 'someone'?" you interviewed, placing a hand on your chin and raising an eyebrow.

"she makes me happy, which three years ago i never imagined i'd feel. i feel safe, but nervous at the same time when i'm around her, but i also want to stick by her 24/7." he explained, the whole time you listened carefully, ready to ignore your own heart ache and help your lovestruck c̶r̶u̶s̶h̶ friend.

"well, shoto, it definitely looks like you've got yourself a crush!" you chuckled, but it was painfully obvious it was fake. "how come you haven't confessed to her yet?"

"i don't think she likes me back. we're very different. if she doesn't share the same feelings, our friendship will crumble." he expressed his concern, staring at his feet go one after the other.

"well at least you'll know." you say, he nodded and you cleared your throat. "how about you try what you're gonna say to her on me?"

"oh, sure." shoto agreed, and you both stopped in the middle of the path, looking into each others eyes. "i really like you, more than just a friend and.. i've known for a long time that i want to be more with you. if you give me that chance, i can promise i'll never disappoint you, i'll make you feel loved and happy."

you felt your heartbeat quicken at his words, though you believed they weren't for you. "that's.. perfect, shoto. now all you have t'do is say those exact words to your crush." you smiled, swallowing the lump in your throat.

"y/n, i just did." shoto confessed, his tone lower and more serious. your eyes widened. 

"w.. what?" you stuttered. 

"i like you, y/n. i always have. those words, i meant every single one of them." shoto confirmed, stepping closer so you could feel his warm breath. "please, at least give me a chance."

"ha.. hahahaaha" you began laughing, he became confused. what's so funny? "aw shoto, i like you too. i like you so much it hurts." you smiled widely.

"it hurts? that's not good." shoto frowned, worried about your well being now. you shook your head and giggled some more at his denseness, before silence surrounded the atmosphere. "y/n?"

"yes sho?"

"can i.. kiss.. you?" he hesitated while asking, not taking his eyes off of yours. 

"why not?" you giggled. 

shoto leaned in slowly before connecting his lips with yours, you happily obliged and kissed back, deepening it after a couple seconds while his hands found their way to your waist, pulling you closer while you held his cheeks in your palms. finally, the need for oxygen became urgent and he pulled away.

"that was our first kiss.." he breathed out, your faces still inches apart. 

"heh, no shit sherlock." you answered sarcastically, stroking his cheek with your thumb.

ignoring your sassy comment, shoto kissed you again. and afterwards you both walked back to the dorms hand in hand, totally in loveee  

◣━━━━━━━━━━━◢