☁ When I was nobody ☁ (deku x reader)

─── ──

"izuku, please, you're overworking yourself so much, you're hurting yourself." You blurted, worry covering your face. Recently, deku had been reaching his limit and breaking his bones over and over again while training and you were scared.

"How else am I gonna be number 1? Becoming a hero means I'm gonna get hurt, y/n." He stated stubbornly, his back facing you. "I don't need you looking out for me. I have friends now, I'm not the weak loser I were when we were kids."

You gulped, feeling rage slowly replace your worry for your childhood friend who you loved dearly. "Do you think they'd still be friends with you if you were quirkless, huh? Are you that blind?"

"At least they treat me like I'm somebody." Deku asserted, turning around you glare at you for even thinking about his friends that way.

"YEAH BUT WOULD THEY LOVE YOU IF YOU WERE NOBODY?" You yelled, your heart suddenly feeling heavy in your chest.

"NOBODY LOVED ME WHEN I WAS NOBODY!" He snapped back. You felt fury course through your body at his untruthful words.

"I DID!" You cried out, turning around so he couldn't see you cry. Deku stood still, shocked by both your outburst and what you had said. "During the bullying, before the quirk transfer, before ua, to me you were a somebody Izuku."

He didn't know what to say. His mind was spiralling and there were tears very slowly forming in the corners of his eyes.

"Don't you get it? I have always been there for you, I was there to pick up the pieces when you fell apart, when YOU felt like a nobody. And y'know why?" You paused, turning around to look deku in the eye. "I loved you, Izuku. I always have. But it's clear ever since you inherited one for all you changed."

"No, y/n, I-" you stopped him.

"You just see me as this shoulder to cry on! Like I don't have feelings.. do you know what it feels like to be treated like I'm below you? I may not be in ua, or be as 'cool' as you are izuku, but I was by your fucking side when you needed it most, I wish you had done the same for me." You sobbed, looking down as you let the tears run down your cheeks freely.

"I-I didn't mean to hurt you, y/n. I've just been so busy becoming stronger-" deku tried to explain himself, but the tears were making it difficult.

"I know, midoriya, and I'm proud of where you've come. But I can't do this whole 'part time friend' thing. I'm sorry." You said, turning to leave but deku grabbed your wrist before you could open the door.

"No I'm sorry. Listen, I know I've been a terrible friend but I promise you mean so much to me and I lo-" you stopped him before he could say those stupid words.

"Don't. Just.. don't." You sniffed, wiping your eyes, "let go, midoriya."

"Y/n, please, I'm so sorry, just say. I need you." He pleaded, hoping you would at least look at him to see how sorry he truly was.

"No, you don't. Bye, Izuku." You yanked your a wrist away and ran out the front door of his apartment, bursting into more tears as you ran down the stairs and away from the place you once called a second home.

Deku was left in tears. He had lost his earliest friendship, the person he admired all through their lives and who was there rubbing his back when he was a pathetic loser. Being a hero was his dream, but was it worth it to this extent of losing you?

════ ⋆★⋆ ════