03

Aoi Ego
Blue Lock, 1:00 pm

I really can't stand Kaiser. He's so annoying, and the way he acts all superior makes me want to yank his hair.

But at least nobody's trying to talk to me. My social anxiety would freak out.

While Kaiser's going on about some theater stuff in his speech, I'm not bothered. Noa finally comes out of hiding. "Stop Kaiser." The room goes quiet.

"And quit this habit of acting like you're superior. It's childish." Noa adds

"For real." I chime in.

Maybe I said it too loud, 'cause everyone looks at me. Feeling awkward, I scratch my cornrows and look away.

Noa clears his throat, gets everyone's attention, and starts talking about the obstacle course we just did.

But I'm not paying attention. The only thing bothering me is this freaking chest binder. It's like it's squeezing my soul.

Ego is such a jerk. I'm sure it's not just about looking like a boy to avoid gender stuff. I can handle a few mean comments.

To avoid gender based discrimination? My ass. I can handle some mean comments, like that's not gonna affect my skills.

So, my guess is he's hiding something else. Why else would he insist on cutting my hair to look like a guy? I could just style my hair differently or wear a wig. It's like he's trying to turn me into a guy.

He's weird. I'm gonna figure out what's going on.

Finally, the rankings are up on the wall. I grin and stick my tongue out seeing my name in third place.

"Who's Aoi?" Someone calls.

Everyone's looking at me again. "Hi, it's me." I shyly say.

I keep my smile in check, still proud of my rank.

Noa finishes the briefing and leaves quietly. I prefer that Noa keeps it simple and just goes, while Ego always goes into too much detail, which gets boring.

Everyone's heading to the dorms, and I follow suit.

~

I put a towel on my head and step into the room I share with four others. As I sit on my bed, the room goes quiet.

"I've never seen him before." A blue haired guy says.

Now it's Isagi's turn to frown as he comes to me. "I don't remember you from Blue Lock. How'd you end up here?" He asks.

"Um... I got a text, like all of you, and decided to come." I make up.

"That's odd. So you got integrated mid program?" He asks.

"Yeah, I guess."

He smile. "Well, nice to meet you. I'm Yoichi Isagi."

"Ranze Kurona." The bright pink-haired one says.

I look at the boy with cyan hair that fall down his face. "I'm Yo Hiori. Nice to meet you." He says with a cute smile.

I smile back at him, and then our fourth roommate walks in, shirtless, drying his hair.

I discreetly bite my bottom lip, fighting the urge to gasp, giggle and kick my feet. Because, damn, he's good looking.

I quickly avert my gaze to avoid seeming strange, and he gives me a smile. "Hello, I'm Kenyu Yukimiya." He introduces himself with a smooth tone.

"Aoi...Sato. Nice to meet you all." I change my last name.

"Congrats on third place." Yukimiya says.

"Thanks." I reply.

I lie down, dealing with the annoying chest binder. I'll have to wait till they're asleep to take it off.

I wonder how Hana's doing. Even though she bugs me all the time, I'm bored without her.

"Aoi-kun." Kurona sits on my bed.

"Mhm?"

"What are your weapons?"

Yukimiya joins us after putting on a shirt. "I think speed, like Chigiri." He suggests.

"Flexibility too, as evidenced by how you tackled the fourth zone." Hiori adds.

"Plus adaptability," I contribute. "I can easily adapt to any situation."

"So, you're fast, flexible, and adaptable." Yukimiya summarizes.

I confirm with a nod. "When's lunch?" I inquire, steering the conversation.

"In ten minutes." Kurona says, checking the clock.

I stand and stretch, irritated by the chest binder. "Finally."

"I'm hungry as well," Kurona follows my lead.

I raise my fist enthusiastically. "Let's go grab something to eat!"