🌧3🌧

Tên truyện: A Rainy Friendship

Tác giả: Lillie Acea (LillieAcea)

Đôi lời tác giả: Ecounters on rainy days can lead to wonderful friendship!

 I woke up to the sound of raindrops tapping against my window. I groggily got out of bed, feeling the coolness of the air and the dampness of the atmosphere. It was a rainy day that made you want to stay in bed all day and listen to the pitter-patter of the rain.

 But I had plans. I had promised my friend, Anne, I would meet her for lunch. So I put on my raincoat and boots and headed out into the rain. The streets were empty, and the only sound was the sound of rain and my footsteps.

 When I arrived at the cafe, Anne was already there. She was sipping a hot cup of coffee. We ordered our food and sat down at a table by the window, watching the rain fall outside. It was peaceful, almost meditative.

 While eating and chatting, we observed a cluster of individuals gathered beneath a canopy on the opposite side of the road. They were all laughing and joking with each other, seemingly enjoying the rain. Anne and I looked at each other and decided to join them.

 We ran across the street, laughing and splashing in the puddles. When we got there, the group welcomed us with open arms. They were a group of strangers, but, at that moment, we felt like we were part of their family.

 We spent the rest of the afternoon dancing in the rain, playing games, and sharing stories. We laughed and twirled around, splashing water in every direction. It was such a liberating feeling to let go and enjoy the moment. The sound of the rain hitting the pavement mixed with our giggles, creating a symphony of joy. We played hopscotch, jumped rope, and even tried to make a makeshift slide in the rain. It was as if the whole street was ours to enjoy.

 It was a day filled with laughter and joy despite the gloomy weather. There was something special about making new friends in the rain. It might be how the drops brought people together or the shared experience of being soaked to the bone. Whatever it was, I always felt a sense of warmth and excitement when meeting someone new on a rainy day. When the rain became too heavy, we ducked into a coffee shop to wait it out. A woman was sitting at a table nearby doing the same thing. We started with a casual conversation about the weather and ended up having a lengthy discussion about our favorite books and families.

"Hey guys, what are your favorite books?"

"I love "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee. It's a classic that deals with important issues like racism and injustice."

"For me, it's "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho. It's a beautifully written book that teaches you to follow your dreams and listen to your heart."

"I can't decide between "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen and "The Catcher in the Rye" by J.D. Salinger. They're both great in their way."

"I haven't read "The Catcher in the Rye" yet, but I've heard great things about it."

"Same here. We should start a book club and read it together."

"That's a great idea. I'm in!"

"Shall we move to another topic? How's your family doing?

"They're doing well, thanks for asking. My parents are retired now and spending more time traveling."

"That's awesome! My parents are still working, but they're doing well too. My dad just got a promotion at his job."

"That's great news! How about your siblings? Any news?"

"My sister just had a baby, so my family is excited about that.

"My brother just got married, so we had a big family celebration last weekend."

That sounds like fun! My family is quiet these days, but we're all doing well."

"It's nice to hear that everyone is doing well. Family is so important."

"I couldn't agree more. We're lucky to have each other."

...

 When the rain was less heavy, we exchanged numbers and made plans to meet again soon. We never would have met her if it weren't for that rainy day, and now she's become one of my closest friends. There was a certain magic to those chance encounters in the rain. It might be how it washed away our inhibitions and allowed us to connect with others more genuinely. Whatever the reason, I was grateful for the friendships that started on those rainy day encounters and always looked forward to meeting new people when the skies opened up.

 As the sun began to set and the rain slowed, we said goodbye and parted ways. Anne and I huddled together under a nearby awning and shared hot chocolate. We shared our favorite rainy-day activities and made plans for the next time it rained. It was a simple moment, but it brought us so much happiness. We headed home with wet clothes and muddy shoes but hearts full of warmth and memories that would last a lifetime.

 We headed home with wet clothes and muddy shoes but hearts full of warmth and memories that would last a lifetime

(bạn thể chia sẻ trích dẫn yêu thích với nền là bức ảnh này)