ᐅ Colors that cats can see.

It's the perfect sunny and warm day for a first day of school.

After the exams, the students got the chance to have a vacation and be prepared for another school term. Time just past by really fast and it seems like it is just another school day since most of the students hang out with their friends during the vacation.

Well, except for Y/N who spent her vacation in the comforts of her home, playing games with her new friend, and doing her homeworks.

She's not really looking forward on going back to their classroom, and sit in her assigned sit just listening to her classmates talk about their crushes. She doesn't really have that kind of person to share those secrets with.

Nothing really changed even on her second year of highschool. Except for her hair.

Y/N needed to cut her hair because her older brother accidentally stuck a gum on her.

Her hair may be shorter than it used to but the new haircut definitely highlighted her face, which is not to her liking at all. She is not confident enough to enter their classroom with her face much more exposed more than before because of her new hair.

As soon as she entered the classroom, everyone fell silent after seeing who just came in.

Is it really that bad? I knew it. Stupid brother. Stupid!

She can just hear her brother laughing at her everytime she calls him "stupid", seeming like he enjoys it more than get offended.

While looking down on the ground and making sure she will not bump into anyone, Y/N quickly made her way to her seat and took out her notes for their first class.

But why is it so hard to move around when she can feel eyes on her. Just getting her notes out of her bag seems like the hardest and most awkward task she ever did in her whole life.

It felt like a whole 24 hours before the bell rings indicating that it is already lunch time.

Good thing that she already bought lunch in a convenient store on her way to school so she can avoid more judging eyes on her way in the cafeteria.

As she makes her way to her usual spot with her lunch in hand, she felt a small tap on the back of her shoulder, making her turn around to see who it is.

The second year is looking everywhere but her way. Somewhat embarrassed for his actions.

But what really caught her is that his hair is lighter now. It's longer and dyed in a lighter color.

"Kozume-san. It's been a while."

She greeted him with a smile to which he returned with a nod, finally looking at her direction and holding out a paper bag in his hand.

"I just want to return these. Thank you for lending me these games."

Over their semester break, they managed to meet up one time so Y/N can lend him the game she promised, and some others she think he might enjoy too. They were able to communicate though video games' chat and would often play together as well. They were always accompanied by one of his friends as well while they are playing and that made her vacation more fun.

"You're already done with them? I can't even finish a game in a month sometimes..."

She whispered the last part to herself, amazed at how he can finish 5 games in a short span of time.

There was an awkward silence between them. Being both an introvert, it is hard for them to start a conversation without overthinking that they might kill it right away.

"Am... You look good in your new hair color."

Y/N started, complimenting his now blonde hair with another smile.

"Thank you. You---"

"Oi Kenma! Let's go to the cafeteria before the yakisoba bread sold out!"

Kenma was cut off when another second year with a mohawk called out behind him. He just sighed and gave her a small smile in return.

He waved a hand and walked off to meet his classmate who have his eyes squinted right at Y/N, trying to remember where he saw the girl before. But more surprised that Kenma was just talking to a girl.

As soon as they enter the cafeteria, they were greeted by some of the members of the volleyball team on one of their usual tables.

"Hey! You won't believe this! Kenma just ditched me and talked to a girl!"

"What?!!!"

The others turned to him in surprise, especially their new captain who squeezed his juicebox in hand with wide eyes.

"Kenma, you have a girlfriend and you didn't tell me?!"

"Don't be so dramatic. I just returned something."

Their captain just clicked his tongue and leaned back on his chair while his members are interrogating their genius setter.

The second year may clearly look irritated by being the center of their attention, but he couldn't help but notice the small smile he had when he entered the cafeteria.

The same smile he had during that time.

◎◎◎◎◎