Chapter 2

“Are you sure this is going to work?” I asked for probably the twentieth time, looking at my brother anxiously.

“To be honest, I don’t know. They are pretty pissed at you and they might make you go with them just because they don’t want you to think that you can get rewarded for having bad behavior. On the other hand, Cain and I make a pretty good argument so this thing has a chance of working,” Asher answered just as he had the nineteen times before.

“I’m sorry guys. I don’t mean to be a pain. I’m just really nervous and I really don’t want to move to England,” I apologized, looking from my Asher to Cain to Austin.

“Don’t worry about it,” Cain said as the other two nodded in agreement.

                We were at a diner in the town next to mine, eating lunch. The normally four hour drive had turned into six hours due to all the stops that they boys wanted to make. I suggested we stop at the diner for lunch since that was the last chance we would get before we arrived back at my house. The guys being twenty-one year old guys agreed instantly.  

“So what’s the plan again?” I asked again, wanting to over it again so there wouldn’t be any mistakes.

“Austin is going to drop us off at Mom and Dad’s, then he’s leaving. You, Asher, and I are going to sit down with Mom and Dad and talk to them. I need you stay calm and not start yelling or do anything else that they’ll see as childish. We need this to go smoothly,” Cain answered patiently.

“Okay,” I said, nodding.

“Hey, it’s going to be okay,” Asher said as he pulled me against his side in a hug.

“I know,” I responded, continuing my absentminded nod.

                An hour later, once we had all finished eating, we got back into our vehicles. We had brought Austin’s car as well as Cain’s. My brothers and I were in Cain’s car while Austin was in his. He was going to visit his younger siblings since he had the day off and the rest of us were here anyway. We had decided at the last minute to leave my car at their house in case the talk with our parents didn’t go the way we wanted it to. My brothers and I all knew that I would not be happy and they wanted to give me a chance to cool off before having to face my parents again. Cain and Asher kept reassuring me it was a precautionary thing, not an omen that the talk wasn’t going to go our way.

“Are you ready?” Asher asked as Cain turned down my street.

“As ready as I’ll ever be,” I answered taking a deep breath and letting it out slowly.

                Cain parked in my normal spot and turned the car off. They both climbed out of the car and I followed slowly. Cain wrapped his arm around my shoulders as we walked up to the house. Just as we stepped on the porch the door swung open and Dad stood in the doorway. His arms were crossed over his chest and a scowl was on his face. He looked mad and it kind of freaked me out. Daddy never got mad.

“Hi Daddy,” I chirped, plastering a fake smile on my face.