The concealed hitman felt chills running all along her spine as Giselle ran her hand down her arm. She held her breath, trying to calm her frantic heartbeat while she prepared to strike.

"Don't tell me you're sleeping... Not before we have a bit of fun~"

As she reached out to pull back the covers, she prepared herself to greet her old lover. But when the sheets fell away, Giselle was met with a chilling surprise that would send shivers across her skin.

"Ryu-"

The hitman struck her nose, causing her to fall backwards off the bed. Blood dripped from her flared nostrils, falling off her plumped lips. She evaded the sole of Ryujin's shoe that was flying towards her.

As they stood at separate sides of the room, Giselle chuckled in amusement as she wiped the crimson liquid off her lip.

"Damn, you got Somi to set this up?"

Ryujin narrowed her eyes on the Japanese, her blood pressure rising at the sight of the woman. "You killed Chaeryeong."

She rolled her eyes as she laughed, "You're still hung up over her? I seriously forgot about that friend of yours."

Giselle began to pace on her side of the room, rubbing her chin. "You know, some nights I think to myself that life... is... meaningless. It means nothing. Well, for me at least."

Ryujin kept her eyes locked on her target, watching her walk around the room as if her imminent danger wasn't there in front of her.

"All the lives I manipulated, the lives I've ended, I never gave a second thought about; merely just a grain of salt." She stood in her spot and turned to the hitman, "But Chaeryeong? She was just a pawn in this sinister game we're playing. Her existence- just a footnote in this narrative I'm writing."

She saw the hitman's fist formed into a tight ball, begging to be thrown at her.

Giselle raised her hands in the air with a malevolent grin, "C'mon Ryu... You can't be that butthurt over what I did. We are sociopaths, we are the zookeepers in this huge zoo of fucking animals that can't fend for themselves." She exclaimed with excitement, running over to Ryujin's side.

With her finger, she tapped at Ryujin's temple, "There is nothing in here. I know it, Jinnie~"

With her other hand, she placed her finger on the hitman's lips, "How do you know, oh dear Aeri?" She mimed, using Ryujin's lip.

Giselle turned away, she patted her shoulder. "Oh Ryu... We think the same... You've killed how many people so far? Like around 200? Including the mercenaries, of course."

"You enjoy it... The blood coursing through your veins, the adrenaline pumping in your heart. It's a fucking drug that you can't get enough of."

Ryujin furrowed her brows, hating to admit that she agreed with her.

Giselle jumped onto the bed, "But Giselle~ Killing people is bad~" She exclaimed dramatically, acting as if she were a lead actress in a Shakespearean play.

The hitman scoffed, rolling her eyes. "Are you done yet, Drug store Harley Quinn?"

"Shut the fuck up." She yelled dramatically, pointing at Ryujin who was somewhat interested in the theatrics. "You're a fucking hypocrite."

"And you all are chicken shits that wouldn't take no for an answer so you all make it your damn mission to take me out. You guys did such a godawful job at it, that you killed an innocent person." Ryujin yelled back, finally breaking her stoic facade.

"Why. Do. You. Care. So. Much. About. Her." Giselle clapped each word, getting increasingly irritated by Ryujin mentioning Chaeryeong. "She was just one person, out of 8 billion people. And even so, she's nothing. NOTHING."