She looked up to have Chaeryeong's arms wrapped around her in a heartfelt hug. It was the first time Ryujin had ever experienced such physical affection from her. Hugs were foreign to her, something that she hadn't encountered much in her life. It was warm, and comforting; is this what love felt like? Slowly and hesitantly, she raised her arms and returned the hug.

"When you're in pain, I'll be there to heal you."

From that moment on, she vowed herself that she wouldn't let her get in harm's way.

She was relieved to see the ambulance's red and blue flashing lights speeding towards the entrance. Yuna ran out of the car and immediately placed her hand on Chaeryeong's chest, crying relentlessly as the paramedics pulled out the stretcher.

"Save her, please." Ryujin breathed out as she regretfully let Chaeryeong go, passing her over to the professionals. "Please."

Sitting in the car across the road, a devilish grin formed on the Japanese's face as she watched the ambulances pull away from the curb. Her leader's hand gripped the wheel harshly, closely observing the hitman and her friends bolt into their car and closely tail the vehicle.

"That was so much fun!" Giselle cheered with joy, clapping her hands as she looked over to Karina. "I want to do it again."

"Tell me again, what did you do?" Karina asked slowly, leaning into her seat.

"Beat them up till I felt their bones crack beneath my shoes."

"But did you kill them?" The leader said seriously, looking over at Giselle with a stern look. "None of this matters unless you ended their lives."

Giselle placed her hand on her shoulder, "When I left them, they were bleeding out fast. There is no way they'd survive." She looked back at the bobbed-haired woman in the backseat, sitting beside the hacker. "Can't let them live after what Ryujin did to Winter."

Minjeong looked down at her hand, rubbing the stub where she was injured. There was no doubt that she wanted to hurt Ryujin, but she felt a lingering sense of guilt building up inside her. Her friends were just pawns in the game that they created, collateral damage that was uncalled for.

-

-

-

They rushed into the emergency room, their hearts pounding with fear and desperation. The sterile, cold atmosphere of the hospital only intensified their anxiety. The harsh smell of the hospital made Ryujin's skin crawl. The sight of gleaming white hallways and the low hum of medical equipments sent shivers down her spine- a haunting reminder of the darkness she fought in her nightmares.

Panic took control over their bodies as they ran to the nurses' station, Yeji's voice quivering as she inquired about the condition of their friends.

"As they are in critical condition, they would require to undergo emergency surgery." The nurses, accustomed to dealing with worried loved ones, wore unsympathetic expressions due to their long and strenuous shifts.

"How long would the surgery take?" The cat-eyed woman raised her voice with tears dripping down her chin.

"We don't know-"

"What do you mean you don't know?!" Yeji slammed her hand on the counter, catching the attention of everyone in the room. "Those are our friends in there. I need to know!"

"Ma'am, please. We are going to try our hardest to save your friends. Please wait." The nurse stood up, her eyes widened by the sudden aggression.

Ryujin and Yuna immediately held Yeji in their arms, guiding her to a nearby set of seats in the waiting room. The photographer buried her face into her girlfriend's chest, heaving as she sobbed and soaked her shirt.