"BDO?" She asked, tilting her head to the side, revealing a part of her collarbone.

"Blind, dumb and old."

"I-" Her words were immediately cut off by the perfect set of lips pressed against hers. She could never get over Yeji's taste.

-

-

-

As they returned to the apartment, they found Chaeryeong and Lia in the midst of getting ready for the graduation ceremony. The atmosphere was filled with excitement and nerves, as the gravity of the event began to sink in.

"Hey doctors!" Yeji called out with a grin as they entered the living room.

Lia turned from the mirror, her face lit up with a smile. "Y'all are back!"

Chaeryeong, who was getting her makeup done by the younger shin looked through the mirror, giving them a nervous grin. "I'm not ready."

"Well, you both look great." The photographer nodded approvingly with her thumbs up.

Ryujin headed into her bedroom to get changed into her newly bought clothes. As she viewed herself in the mirror, reality began to settle in. The thought of Chaeryeong, her lifelong friend, about to graduate as a doctor, triggered a warmth in her chest. The years they had spent together flashed before her eyes- the laughter, the tears, the shared secrets, and being each other's constants through all the turmoils they had faced.

"Ryu?"

She turned to see her girlfriend walking towards her with a soft smile. "How are you feeling?" Yeji asked softly in a whisper, adjusting the collar of Ryujin's shirt.

"Just really happy for Chaeryeong, and Lia." The dark-haired woman smiled, looking down at Yeji's fingers. "You?"

"I feel like a proud mother, over the moon to see my children walk that stage and receive their diploma." Yeji's dimple formed on her soft cheek as she straightened out her blazer. "Lia had always been there for me. When I just wanted to hang out with her or when... When my father died."

Ryujin averted her eyes, her lips forming a thin line.

"She was swamped with school work and was last minuting her assignment, but she came to me the second she heard the news." Yeji continued, her soft eyes collecting her tears which she quickly wiped away. "Now, it feels like a new beginning."

Unspoken words drifted between them as silence fell over the room. Yeji turned away and walked over to her shopping bag, taking out the outfit they had bought. "I'm going to get changed."

The dark-haired woman nodded and watched her girlfriend head into the bathroom to change into her clothes. She walked over to her desk and opened the drawer to find a box that was hidden in the corner. As she opened the box, her fingers absentmindedly touched the pendant- a gift from Chaeryeong on a long-past birthday.

After clasping the necklace around her neck, she stood before the mirror, the crow pendant hanging delicately around her neck. The sleek black bird stared back at her, its intricate details glinting in the soft light. A tangible reminder of her birthday after Chaeryeong found out about her career.

The creak of the bathroom door swung open, revealing Yeji in a beautiful dark silk shirt over the top of her black crop top. Ryujin's gaze lingered on her girlfriend as she emerged from the bathroom, her beauty was undeniable.

But beyond that, all her physical beauty, was the radiance that seemed to emanate from within her that truly captivated Ryujin. It was the genuine kindness in her sharp cat eyes, the strength she possessed and the unwavering love she offered that made Yeji utterly enchanting. She had seen Yeji in various states- confident, vulnerable, playful and serious- and each facet only deepened her affect.